
Orlando Lake Mary Getaway: Your Perfect La Quinta Inn & Suites Stay!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the Orlando Lake Mary Getaway, your "Perfect La Quinta Inn & Suites Stay!" as they so enthusiastically proclaim! This review isn't going to be one of those dry, bullet-point lists. We're going for the messy truth, the real deal, the stuff they don't put in the glossy brochures. Let's get cracking!
First, Let's Talk About the Wheelchair Stuff (and Accessibility in General, Because, You Know, Humans)
Look, I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I've traveled with people who are, and trust me, accessibility can make or break a trip. From what I've gathered from all the listed features, Orlando Lake Mary Getaway (La Quinta Inn & Suites) is definitely trying to be accessible. They've got "Facilities for disabled guests," an important start, and… well, that's all they explicitly say. But, here's the thing, folks, I see a LOT of good signs: an elevator (essential!), "Car park [free of charge]" (accessibility parking usually means closer parking!), and 24-hour front desk can also be helpful. But, without specifics detailing accessible room features, it’s hard to give them a definitive thumbs up or down, especially the "Accessibility" category. I'd absolutely call ahead and grill them on the exact layout of the accessible rooms. Don’t be shy! Demand details! Internet Access? Don't Worry, You Can Still "Zoom" From Your Room
We're living in the age of constant connectivity. Thank goodness for Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and the ever-present Wi-Fi in public areas. Now, I'm a bit of a digital nomad, so reliable internet is practically oxygen for me. The mention of Internet – LAN is a nice throwback (remember those?), but who uses LAN cables anymore?! Internet Services are listed, but it is unclear what they are. Still, the fact that the hotel acknowledges the need for internet is a good sign. This, coupled with the "Laptop workspace" in the rooms, make this a good option for work travel.
Let's Get Pampered (Or Try To!) - A Spa Experience That's… Complicated
Alright, let's talk about the maybe spa. The options are listed: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. It’s…ambitious! "Spa" is listed multiple times so it must have… something. I am skeptical. This "spa" is likely a smaller, less-fancy setup than a full-blown resort spa, probably. Maybe a gym with a sauna and a lukewarm pool.
My Personal Spa Saga: The Pool and the View
I love a good pool. A pool with a view? Forget about it! That’s my kind of paradise! Now, the La Quinta, based on the list, advertises a pool with a view. But, the view of what? The parking lot? A strip mall? That could be a total deal-breaker. I'd need to see photographic evidence before I got too excited. This is the kind of detail that can make a place fantastic or a complete letdown. Imagine you're planning a romantic stay and the "view" is of a dumpster. No romance there!
Food Glorious Food (Or, the Breakfast Buffet of Destiny)
Okay, food. It's a huge part of the travel experience, right? The La Quinta offers: Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. That is a ton of food options. Buffet breakfast? Yes, please! I love a good buffet – the sheer variety! The Asian and Western cuisine options are pretty versatile catering to all appetites. If the options are good, this is a major win. However, remember to read some reviews about how the food tastes.
Cleanliness and Safety: Because We're Living in a World of Germs
Ugh, COVID. It's made us all a little neurotic about cleanliness, hasn't it? La Quinta touts: Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. That's a lot of reassurance. I'm especially happy to see "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Professional-grade sanitizing services," and "Staff trained in safety protocol." Honestly, this commitment to cleanliness goes a long way in making me feel comfortable.
The Room Itself: My Fortress of Solitude (Or Chaos)
Okay, ROOMS! Arguably the most important part of your stay, right? The room features are impressive! Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. Damn! It's all there. The "High floor" option gets a big thumbs up for me. The "Blackout curtains" are essential for a good night's sleep and "Free bottled water" is just a nice touch. Especially since they say they're offering "Complimentary tea!" That's great for the tea-lovers out there!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference
Things like Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center, can really make a place special. The Concierge is a great help for recommending nearby restaurants. Contactless check-in/out is much preferred - even if the front desk is a bit slower. Having a convenience store on-site is always a bonus for those late-night snack cravings.
For the Kids (or the Kid in You):
Good news for families: it is Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal,Babysitting service. Now, I don't have kids, so I'm not the best judge of "Kids facilities." However, it certainly shows La Quinta is looking to attract the family crowd.
Getting Around:
La Quinta offers Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking. I love free parking. The "Don't Forget" Bits:
- Hotel chain: You're dealing with a La Quinta Inn & Suites. You kinda know what to expect in terms of consistency, which is good, and standard, which is not.
- Non-smoking rooms: Always a plus. Nobody wants to smell stale cigarettes.
- Security: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Security [24-hour]. I like a place that takes security seriously. It's all about peace of mind.
The Verdict?
Look, based on the list of features, the Orlando Lake Mary Getaway (La Quinta Inn & Suites) seems to be offering a solid, well-equipped experience. It has everything you probably need. Now, the devil is in the details; the actual experience will depend on the execution.
Here's My Messy, Opinionated, Absolutely Authentic Offer to Get You Booking!
**Tired of Hotels
Sheraton Juárez: Your Luxury Escape Awaits (Ciudad Juarez Hotel Deals!)
Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously-planned trip. We're talking a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable life choices (mostly involving carbs), and the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Orlando Lake Mary. Prepare for a ride!
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Snack Debacle
1:00 PM: FINALLY. Orlando. After a flight that felt longer than my last relationship, I’m here. Thank God for that airline-sized bag of pretzels I snuck on board. The airport… well, let's just say the baggage claim carousel is a theater of human despair and lost luggage dreams. Found my suitcase (miracle!) and wrestled with the rental car. Seriously, those things should come with a master's degree in automotive engineering.
2:30 PM: Check-in at the La Quinta. The lobby is… well, it's a lobby. Standard. The front desk guy, bless his heart, looked like he was fighting off the urge to nap standing up. I asked about the pool. "It's uh… open," he grunted. Okay, good enough for me. Key card secured. Room: Clean enough. Bed: Appealingly squishy.
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Great Snack Debacle. Okay, so I got to the room and realized…zero snacks. This is a problem. A HUGE problem. A crisis! Where's the vending machine? I'm starving. I'm wandering the halls like a zombie searching for brains (or, you know, a bag of chips). Finally, success! The machine, bless its sugary heart, has…a bag of Doritos, Twix bars, and…wait for it… beef jerky. Beef jerky?! My brain short circuits, I opt for the Doritos. Regret sets in almost immediately.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Pool Time! After the snack-induced guilt subsided, I figured I should probably enjoy the pool. It's surprisingly pleasant. The water's a perfect temperature. There's a gaggle of kids splashing around, which makes me momentarily consider starting a family. Then I remember the laundry situation, and the thought swiftly evaporates. Spent most the time watching the kids and daydreaming.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner. After a little research, I opted for a chain restaurant nearby. It wasn't exactly haute cuisine, but hey, the margaritas were strong, and the chips and salsa were infinite. My inner foodie cringed, my stomach rejoiced. I got to the restaurant and immediately got distracted by a couple arguing. I'm not one to eavesdrop, but the shouting was hard to miss. It made me question my own life choices.
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Netflix and Chill (well, Netflix and Collapse Onto Bed In A Carb-Induced Coma). Back at the hotel, I decided to dive into the abyss of streaming. Before I knew it, the show faded into the background as sleep finally won.
Day 2: The "Theme Park or Bust" Dilemma (and My Existential Crisis)
8:00 AM: Wake up feeling like I have a small herd of elephants tap-dancing on my head. Coffee is the only answer. The hotel breakfast? A continental offering of the sad, sad kind. Cereal that looks like it was made in a lab, and those little, individually wrapped muffins that are a guaranteed source of existential despair. I managed to choke down a waffle. Maybe the coffee will actually do the trick.
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Theme park decision time. To theme park or not to theme park? That is the question. The crowds? The lines? The scorching Florida sun? The pressure to have fun? It's all so overwhelming. I began to question my entire life, am I even a theme park type of person? I thought about everything I wanted in life, and whether or not it was possible. Maybe I should have stayed in my bed all day. I'm staring at my phone and weighing the pros and cons of each.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Went for a walk to clear my head, and grabbed a local coffee. I met a dog on the way there. The owner, a sweet old lady, told me all about her dog's quirks.
I felt some joy today.
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Decide against the park. Decided to drive around and find some local lunch. A delightful little sandwich shop with a retro vibe. The food was fresh, the people were friendly. It felt like the opposite of every chain restaurant I had been to.
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Pool, again. This time I brought a cooler full of drinks and a book. It was so relaxing. I did some thinking and actually felt happy, or at least content.
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Getting ready. I shower, and put on my favorite outfit. I feel like a new person.
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Dinner. This time, I'll treat myself. I decide to find a cute little Italian place, and order a bottle of wine. It's a little bit pricey, but I'll probably be happier.
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM: I go to the Italian place, and the wine is AMAZING. The food is also amazing! I'm chatting with the server, a sweet woman, and I feel like everything is going to be okay. I feel a little tipsy, but incredibly content.
Day 3: Departure and the "Maybe I Shouldn't Go Home" Epiphany
8:00 AM: Ugh. The alarm. And the feeling of…well, let's just say I'm not quite as energetic as I was yesterday. Back to the sad breakfast. This time, I skipped the waffle. Regret.
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Packing. The dread of going home is settling in. I have nothing exciting back home. Maybe I should just stay here.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: One Last Stroll. After packing I head down to the pool to get some sun. I see the same family from the first day, and wave to them.
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Check out. The front desk guy seemed almost…sad to see me go? Maybe he was bored. Or maybe he just got used to my particular brand of chaos.
12:00 PM: Departure. The airport is still the airport. The flight home is uneventful, which is probably for the best. As the plane takes off, I look out the window at the city, and the vast expanse of the state. I contemplate everything, and wonder when I'll be back.
After Arrival: I arrive back home, and I can't stop thinking about Florida. I look up hotels, and flights. Maybe a little bit longer? I consider everything, and decide this trip was a great success.

Orlando Lake Mary Getaway: Your (Potentially Chaotic, But Hopefully Delightful) La Quinta Inn & Suites Adventure!
Okay, Real Talk: Is This La Quinta Actually...Good? (Or Just Another Hotel Room?)
Alright, let's be honest, nobody's expecting the Ritz. But honestly? For what it is, and where it is, the La Quinta in Lake Mary is... pretty decent. Look, I booked it after a last-minute, sleep-deprived scramble to find *anything* near my cousin’s wedding. I mean, I was picturing mold, questionable stains, you know the drill. But! I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean-ish (okay, let’s be real, I found *one* rogue hair in the bathroom, but hey, it wasn’t MY hair!), the bed was comfy enough, and the AC actually worked! That last one is HUGE in Florida. Actually, that reminds me… I once stayed in a hotel in Miami that was basically a sauna. Never. Again.
Breakfast. The Most Crucial Question. What's the Damage? (And Is It Edible?)
Breakfast. Ah, the make-or-break moment of any hotel stay. The La Quinta's offering? It's... well, it's included. And bless their hearts, they try. Think your standard continental fare: waffles (always a win!), some sad-looking scrambled eggs (avoid those unless you're REALLY hungry), bagels (always a gamble, sometimes stale), fruit (mostly pre-cut and… yeah), and the coffee. Oh, the coffee. Look, it's not gourmet. It’s more like… brown liquid. I’m not gonna lie, I snuck into the lobby and got a coffee to-go from the front desk. They didn't even bat an eye - apparently, everyone does that.
The Pool. Because Florida. Tell Me About The Pool!
Okay, the pool. This is where things get a bit… interesting. It’s small. Like, *really* small. Think "dip your toes in" rather than "Olympic training facility." But hey, it's Florida! And on a hot day (which, let's be honest, is *every* day in Florida), that little pool is a lifesaver. I saw one kid with a float the size of a small car trying to navigate that tiny pool. The sheer audacity! And the parents just… let it happen. It's Florida, man. You relax.
Is There Parking? (Because, Florida.)
Yes! Praise the parking gods! There's plenty of parking, and it's FREE! This is seriously a major win, especially if you've been to Disney. Parking at Disney is a whole other level of expense and, frankly, torture. Here? Park your car, walk to your room. Done. Honestly, the parking situation alone makes this place appealing. I'm telling you, after a whole day of being roasted in the Florida sun, easy parking is a godsend. A complete and utter godsend.
The Location: Where the Heck *Is* Lake Mary? Is it close to anything fun?
Lake Mary is… a suburb. A perfectly fine suburb. It's not exactly the pulsing heart of Orlando. But! It’s *relatively* close to things. You're about a 30-minute drive (depending on traffic, which in Orlando can be a beast) to Disney, or about 20 minutes to downtown Orlando. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping options nearby, but you might be stuck with chains. If you're looking for authenticity, you might have to drive a bit. One day I was so desperate to ditch the kid-friendly atmosphere, that (shamefully) I went to a Hooters. Hey, don't judge. The wings were good, okay?
Okay, So Is This Hotel Pet-Friendly? Because My Dog, Mr. Wigglesworth, Thinks He's Royalty.
Yes! La Quinta is usually pet-friendly, and this one is no exception! Just call ahead to confirm their pet policy (size restrictions, breed restrictions, etc.) and any extra fees. I saw a golden retriever the size of a small pony there. He looked majestic. And the fact that they allowed it? Bonus points! However, BE PREPARED. You'll probably hear some barking. And see some… well, you get the idea. Pack the poop bags! My dog, well, he's a cat, but, you know... hypothetical situation. Anyway, bring those bags!
What's the Wi-Fi like? Because Instagram Won't Update Itself, You Know.
It's... Wi-Fi. It works. Sometimes. Don't expect lightning-fast speeds, particularly if you're trying to stream anything. I tried uploading a Reels video of me awkwardly eating a waffle at breakfast, and it took approximately an hour. An HOUR! The struggle is real. But hey, it's free, and it's better than nothing. Just be patient. And maybe bring a book. Or a deck of cards. You know, for the dark ages of Wi-Fi downtime.
Any Hidden Fees I Need to Worry About? Surprise Charges are the Worst.
Not really! They're pretty transparent about costs. Check the fine print when you book, of course, but I didn't get hit with any nasty surprises. They do charge a deposit, which is standard, and you'll, obviously, pay for incidentals, like the vending machine (which, by the way, had a *terrible* selection of snacks). I think I just dropped a dollar and got nothing, but it was late I was tired and I was hungry.
The Staff? Friendly? Grumpy? Eager to Help? Spill the Tea!
The staff were… fine. Not overly friendly, not overly grumpy. They were just… there. Doing their jobs. Efficient enough to get the job done. I have to tell you though, one lady at the front desk was super helpful, I think she was probably new but she was like, almost *too* eager to assist. I felt like I was putting her out, but then again, maybe they were all just sick of the usual Orlando shenanigans. Either way, they were perfectly fine. And you know what? That's what you want in a budget hotel. No drama, just a clean-ish room and a lukewarm cupHotels With Kitchenettes


Post a Comment for "Orlando Lake Mary Getaway: Your Perfect La Quinta Inn & Suites Stay!"