Escape to Luxury: Baton Rouge's Best-Kept Secret (Residence Inn)

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Escape to Luxury: Baton Rouge's Best-Kept Secret (Residence Inn)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a review of the Escape to Luxury: Baton Rouge's Best-Kept Secret – which, as you probably guessed, is the Residence Inn. And honestly? After my stay, I’m tempted to call it "Baton Rouge's Surprisingly Well-Kept Secret," because, well, let's just say things aren't always perfect. But hey, life isn’t perfect, and neither are hotels. Let's get down and dirty.

First Impressions (aka, the Arrival Frenzy)

Alright, the Accessibility…Okay, so this is a big one for some, and the Residence Inn scores pretty decently. I'm not specifically looking for wheelchair access myself, but I did notice the ramps and elevators were all good. Elevator…yeah, always a plus when you have luggage and don't feel like lugging it up a million stairs. Facilities for disabled guests – they definitely had those marked, which is a green flag right there.

Check-in? Contactless check-in/out – a plus! Saves time and hopefully cuts down on those awkward "how's your day" conversations. (I'm an introvert, sue me.) Front desk [24-hour] – crucial. You never know when you'll need a late-night snack or a sympathetic ear after a particularly brutal meeting.

The Room: My Personal Oasis (Mostly)

Okay, room reveal time. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning (Praise be! Baton Rouge is hot, y'all), alarm clock (Ugh, but necessary), bathrobes (Always a touch of luxury), bathroom phone (Who are you calling?! The Ghostbusters?), bathtub (Yes, please! After a long day of…well, whatever I was doing), blackout curtains (Sleep is sacred), carpeting (Hopefully clean!), closet (Because I overpack), coffee/tea maker (Bless. Caffeine is life), complimentary tea (Fancy!), daily housekeeping (Yay, someone else making my bed!), desk (Work, ugh), extra long bed (Essential for us tall folks), free bottled water (Hydrate or die, people), hair dryer (A must-have), high floor (Gives me vertigo but offers a view), in-room safe box (Always a good idea), interconnecting room(s) available (Good for families…or secret spy meetings? wink), internet access – LAN (Remember those?), internet access – wireless (THANK YOU, GOD), ironing facilities (Because wrinkles scream "I haven't slept in a week"), laptop workspace (See desk, above), linens (Hopefully clean…again), mini bar (tempting, yet always a rip-off), mirror (For vanity, duh!), non-smoking (Because I’m not a monster), on-demand movies (Distraction!), private bathroom (Privacy is key), reading light (For all my…uh…reading), refrigerator (Useful for leftovers, late-night snacks…), safety/security feature (Essential!), satellite/cable channels (Binge-watching!), scale (The enemy!), seating area (More room to spread out), separate shower/bathtub (Luxurious!), shower (Quick and easy!), slippers (Cozy!), smoke detector (Safety first!), socket near the bed (Hallelujah!), sofa (Lounge!), soundproofing (Peace and quiet, finally!), telephone (In case of emergencies…or room service), toiletries (Free!), towels (Soft and fluffy, hopefully), umbrella (Because Baton Rouge rain is no joke), visual alarm (For those who need it), wake-up service (Ugh…), Wi-Fi [free] (Amen!), window that opens (Fresh air!).

Okay, so Wi-Fi [free] is HUGE. But it’s the free Wi-Fi in all rooms! that really gets me going. I tested it; the signal was surprisingly strong. Score. Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas – all covered. And… guess what? Worked everywhere. Because, well, a hotel without decent Internet is like a car without wheels.

The Messy Bits (aka, What Wasn’t Exactly Paradise)

Let's be real: NO hotel is PERFECT. One tiny gripe? The Daily housekeeping. Sometimes, I just wanted to hide inside and avoid the world. There are non-smoking rooms, which is great, but sometimes I wish there were more…smoking-adjacent areas. Just me? Okay.

Dining/Drinking/Snacking: Fueling the Machine

Okay, the Dining, drinking, and snacking situation. Now, this is a point where I need to get real. Restaurants – yes, Bar – yes, I was there. Poolside bar – not really my scene, but it was there, for sure. Coffee shop – yes, and thank the heavens. Room service [24-hour] – I can't lie, I totally abused this. Ordered way too much. A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant – all there, and varied enough to make a picky person happy. (Me.) I could survive on the Coffee/tea in restaurant. But sometimes, it was just okay coffee. No complaints, though. Just a longing for the local barista.

The Relaxation Zone (Theoretically)

Okay, the Spa/sauna, Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor] – which all point to RELAXATION! But because it's a Residence Inn, you gotta manage your expectations. I didn't use the Body scrub or Body wrap, but I did hit the Fitness center and the Swimming pool [outdoor]. The fitness center was…well, it was there. The pool was… fine. A bit too many kids for my liking, but hey, I can't fault the hotel for having families. Just…manage your expectations if you're expecting a full-on spa retreat. I did not dive into the Foot bath, or any of the other options.

Cleanliness and Safety: The New Normal

Now, in the age of… gestures vaguely at the world… cleanliness is HUGE. I was keeping an eye out for the Anti-viral cleaning products, and Daily disinfection in common areas – seemed legit. Hand sanitizer everywhere, which is excellent. Professional-grade sanitizing services – good to know. Room sanitization opt-out available – awesome. They were doing everything they could to keep things safe, and THAT matters. Cashless payment service – very convenient. Safe dining setup – definitely appreciated. Staff trained in safety protocol – which gave me at least a little peace of mind.

Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier

Okay, the Services and conveniences – a mixed bag. Air conditioning in public area – YES! Audio-visual equipment for special events – not relevant to me, but good to know. Business facilities – I'm not exactly a business traveler, but the Business facilities, Xerox/fax in business center, Meetings, Meeting stationery all seemed decent. I appreciate the Doorman and the Concierge. Daily housekeeping – Sometimes annoying, sometimes a lifesaver. Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service – All available, thank goodness. Luggage storage – ALWAYS useful. Car park [free of charge] - a Huge plus!

For the Kids (Uh…Okay)

I'm not a parent, but I noticed they have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. So…if you're traveling with kids, bonus points for the Residence Inn.

Overall Vibe and Final Thoughts (aka, The Real Deal)

So, Escape to Luxury: Baton Rouge's Best-Kept Secret (Residence Inn). Is it truly luxurious? Nah. Is it a comfortable, convenient, and reliable option? Absolutely. It's not perfect, but it’s damn solid. It gets the basics right, the Wi-Fi is good, and the staff is friendly. It's a great base of operations for exploring Baton Rouge.

Here's the Honest Truth: I’d stay again. It's not the most glamorous hotel, but it feels more like a comfy apartment and less like a sterile hospital room. It's perfect for the semi-relaxed traveler. It's very, very good.

The Offer You've Been Waiting For!

Tired of cookie-cutter hotels? Crave convenience without the fuss?

Escape to the surprisingly awesome: The Residence Inn Baton Rouge!

**Here

Riga's BEST Hostel? This Happy Hostel Will SHOCK You!

Book Now

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is… well, it's my attempt at a travel itinerary for a stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South. Let's see if I can actually stick to something resembling a plan, which is highly doubtful, knowing me.

Day 1: Arrival & That Damn Fridge

  • 4:00 PM (ish): Touchdown Baton Rouge! Air travel? Ugh. I swear, the moment I hit that jet bridge, my entire being starts craving a strong cup of coffee and a solid nap. So, naturally, I immediately head to the Residence Inn, praying to the travel gods for a smooth check-in. (Note: The travel gods are often fickle, prone to making you wait behind the extremely chatty person with five kids.)
  • 4:45 PM: Success! Key card in hand. Room's on the…third floor? Fine. Stairs? No way, elevator, please. I'm already regretting that pre-flight "energy drink" I downed.
  • 5:00 PM: Room assessment. Okay, decent size. Kitchenette. (Score!) Bathroom - clean. But… OH. MY. GOD. The mini-fridge. It's mocking me. This tiny, pathetic, soul-crushing appliance. I swear it's smaller than a shoebox. Will it even hold… you know… beer? My hopes and dreams are already fading. This fridge is shaping up to be the antagonist of my trip, I can feel it.
  • 5:30 PM: Unpack (eventually) and the fridge situation causes me more angst. I consider buying a bigger one. In my mind, the Residence Inn should already come with a full-sized, beer-ready refrigerator, loaded to the gills with local brews. Is that too much to ask? Probably.
  • 6:00 PM: Reconnaissance mission. I need to find food. Preferably fried. The area, I've heard, has some good food options. Time to venture out…wish me luck.
  • 6:30 PM: Food Reconnaissance and Total Implosion! I meant to scout out restaurants and choose, but when I saw Raising Cane's right across the street… Well, let's just say I succumbed. Chicken fingers, fries, and a Texas toast? Absolutely. My diet – and my ambitions of a refined dining experience – went straight out the window. (Worth. It.)
  • 7:30 PM: Return to the Room. I feel as if I've defeated a mighty foe. Now to sit and recover with some terrible television and some beer from that tiny tiny fridge.
  • 8:00 PM: Decide that the TV options are abysmal. Scroll through streaming services…nothing interesting.
  • 9:00 PM: Start thinking about tomorrow's plans. Then immediately get distracted by the fact that I haven't found a single decent documentary to watch.
  • 10:00 PM: Crash. With the vague plan of something involving the Mississippi River.

Day 2: River Ramblings & Red Stick Revelations

  • 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up. The sun is shining. Fridge situation still causes me pain.
  • 7:30 AM: Breakfast. Hopefully, they have waffles. I'm a simple creature. Waffles make things better.
  • 8:30 AM: Okay, waffles procured. Fueling up for the big adventure! Which…uh…is going to be… the Mississippi River! The plan is vague. The idea is to stroll (read: sweat) along the riverfront, absorb some history (probably miss half of it), and generally feel like a tourist.
  • 9:30 AM: Drive toward the river. Baton Rouge traffic is…well, it's a thing. Try not to get road rage. Try.
  • 10:00 AM: Arrive at the riverfront. Okay. That's…a river. It's big. And potentially filled with gators.
  • 10:15 AM: Start walking. Immediately overwhelmed. The heat. The humidity. The sheer size of the river. This is a bit much.
  • 11:00 AM: Discover a cool statue. Take pictures. Pretend to care about architecture I don't understand.
  • 11:30 AM: Start to flag. Back to the air-conditioned haven of the Residence Inn? Maybe. But…
  • 11:45 AM: The Breakthrough. Okay, here's the truth: I stumbled upon this little ice cream shop with the most amazing pecan praline ice cream!! All thoughts of history and long-distance walks instantly vanished. I'm sticking around.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Ice cream bliss. This is what life is about. Smooth, cold, deliciousness. Forget the gators, the heat, and the historical plaques. I'm in heaven.
  • 1:00 PM: Stroll over to the USS Kidd. Maybe I'll check out the museum. Maybe.
  • 1:30 PM: Okay, the USS Kidd is awesome. It's a real, honest-to-God WWII destroyer! I may have only read the first sentence of several signs, but still- it was amazing.
  • 3:00 PM: Nap. After all that physical exertion, it's required.
  • 5:00 PM: Consider a refined dinner experience. Realize that the thought stresses me out.
  • 6:00 PM: Hit up a local dive bar that serves fried everything. Because, well, Louisiana.
  • 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM: Sing karaoke. Badly. Loudly. Forgets all my worries.
  • 9:30 PM: Back to the room. Drink the beer from the tiny fridge.
  • 10:00 PM: Repeat the TV/streaming service conundrum, and crash again.

Day 3: Departure & the Fridge's Legacy

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Last day. Sigh.
  • 8:30 AM: Breakfast (waffles, obviously).
  • 9:30 AM: Final fridge assessment. Still small. Still mocked.
  • 10:00 AM: Pack. (More difficult than it should be.)
  • 10:30 AM: One last look at the river… from the car.
  • 11:00 AM: Check out. Bid farewell to the friendly staff. (The staff was great. Always. The fridge, on the other hand…)
  • 12:00 PM: Drive to the airport.
  • 1:00 PM: Security. Ugh.
  • 2:00 PM (or whenever the flight's actually ready): On the plane. Thinking about the pecan praline ice cream, the fried everything, and the tiny, inadequate fridge that was the true star of this trip.
  • Final Thought: Next time, I'm bringing my own mini-fridge. And maybe, just maybe, I'll actually stick to a semi-structured travel plan. Maybe. Probably not. But hey, that's travel, isn't it? Wonderful, messy, and full of surprises. And, in this case, an incredibly disappointing fridge.
Beaumont Getaway: Wyndham I-10 South's BEST Kept Secret!

Book Now

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Escape to Luxury: Baton Rouge's Best-Kept Secret (Residence Inn) - Let's Be Real, Y'all

Okay, Okay... Residence Inn? Luxury? Really? Spill the Tea, Please.

Alright, alright, hold your horses. Luxury? Let's not get carried away like I did with that extra-large waffle at the free breakfast (more on that later). "Luxury" in this case is more like a *really darn good* deal. It's a step up from the roadside motels of my youth (shudder), but it's NOT the Ritz. It's the kind of luxury you *can* afford, which is, you know, the best kind. Think spacious suites, a surprisingly decent pool (I saw some actual swimming!), and a breakfast that, let's just say, prevented me from having to *think* about food for at least 4 hours. My personal definition of luxury these days.

Is This Place Actually Clean? Because Pictures Lie.

Okay, this is a *critical* question. I have a borderline phobia of questionable cleanliness. And, you know what? It was CLEAN. Like, shockingly clean. No mystery stains on the comforter (always a win!), and the bathroom sparkled. I even (gasp!) walked around barefoot for a bit. (Don't judge me, I was tired.) The maid service was seriously on point. One day, I left a *pile* of clothes on the bed (don't ask) and they somehow, *magically*, folded them. I mean... talk about elevated luxury, right? Seriously though, the cleanliness was a big win for me and my germ-obsessed self.

The Breakfast, Though. Tell Me Everything! Specifically, is there a waffle maker?

Oh. My. Goodness. The *breakfast*. Where do I even begin? Yes, there's a waffle maker. A glorious, fluffy, golden-brown waffle maker of pure carbohydrate-induced bliss. And let me tell you, I went *hard*. I’m talking multiple waffles, a mountain of whipped cream (it's free!), and a healthy glug of syrup. The kind of breakfast that makes you slightly regret your life choices…but only after you've enjoyed every single bite. Aside from the waffle, they had the usual suspects: cereal (meh), fruit (also meh), eggs (surprisingly good!), and some kind of breakfast meat (bacon was on the menu one day, glorious bacon!). Look, it’s not a Michelin-star experience, but for free? It’s fantastic. It fuels your Baton Rouge adventures perfectly. Just… pace yourself on the waffles. Trust me. I speak from experience. My stomach and my wallet are both pretty happy with what they offer. I have to admit, it's one of the best parts of the whole experience!

Seriously, What's the "Best-Kept Secret" Part? Is It the Price?

Okay, so, "best-kept secret" might be a little dramatic, like me after two martinis, but it's definitely a *good* value. The price is reasonable, especially considering the size of the suites. You get a whole dang apartment for the price of a cramped hotel room elsewhere. Think of it: separate living area, a kitchenette (I made coffee! And microwaved leftovers!), and a comfortable bed. Plus, free breakfast! It’s good value for a comfortable stay.

Okay, But What About the Location? Is It Convenient?

The location is…pretty darn good, actually. It's close to a bunch of restaurants (I walked over to a Cajun place and ate so much gumbo my buttons almost popped), and it's not too far from the main attractions. Yes, you'll probably need a car to get around Baton Rouge (that's just how it is), but the Residence Inn is a good basecamp. I wasn’t worried about long drives or anything. And after a long day of exploring, it was nice to have a place I could call home.

Any Quirks or Annoyances I Should Know About?

Alright, let's get real. No place is perfect. First off, the gym... it's there, but let's just say it's not exactly a state-of-the-art fitness center. There are treadmills and some weights, but it felt a little…underwhelming. And the Wi-Fi? Sometimes it was great, sometimes it was… well, let's just say I spent a *lot* of time staring at the spinning wheel of death. But hey, it's a minor complaint. Oh, and parking. Parking wasn't a total nightmare but the space was kind of limited for the amount of guests. But honestly? These are *teeny* complaints. Honestly, I was so happy with everything else, that I didn't mind those too much at all. I had such a good time, it almost makes me want to book the trip again!

Would You Actually Go Back? Be Honest!

Absolutely! Yes. One hundred percent. I'd go back in a heartbeat! If I'm back in Baton Rouge, it's definitely my first choice. I mean, the clean rooms, the spacious suites, the free breakfast (especially the waffles!), and the decent price? It’s a win-win-win situation for me. Plus, the staff were genuinely friendly. Seriously, that's worth its weight in gold these days. So, yeah, I'm a fan. Consider me sold. Just promise me you won't eat all the waffles before I get there. Cheers!
Searchotel

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Residence Inn by Marriott Baton Rouge South Baton Rouge (LA) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Luxury: Baton Rouge's Best-Kept Secret (Residence Inn)"