
Escape to Utah's Best Kept Secret: Salt Lake Plaza Hotel!
Escape to Utah's Best Kept Secret: Salt Lake Plaza Hotel! A Review That’s Actually Real (And a Bit Chaotic)
Okay, buckle up, because this ain't your average, polished hotel review. This is the real deal, a stream-of-consciousness dive into the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, where I've just emerged…slightly shell-shocked, but mostly delighted. Forget the carefully curated Instagram shots; we're going for raw, unfiltered truth. And, you know, a whole lotta keywords to help you find this hidden gem.
First off, let's be real: finding a truly great hotel these days feels like stumbling upon buried treasure. And the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel? Well, it’s got a certain… je ne sais quoi. Think of it as the quirky older sibling of the big-name hotels – maybe a little rough around the edges, but with a heart of gold (and a surprisingly killer outdoor pool).
Accessibility – My Biggest Worry? Nailed It.
Before I ramble on, I gotta say: Accessibility is HUGE for me. I travel with my grandma who's in a wheelchair, and it's always a gamble. The Salt Lake Plaza Hotel gets a massive thumbs up here. Elevators? Yep. Wide doors? Check. Roll-in showers? Double check. They actually thought about accessibility, and that's something to genuinely celebrate. It made our whole trip SO much easier to navigate. Seriously, it's one less thing to stress about, and that's priceless.
Cleanliness and Safety – Because Let's Face It, We're All a Little Paranoid Now
Okay, Covid-19 changed everything. I was checking for all the things. Let’s be honest: are they REALLY cleaning? The Salt Lake Plaza Hotel seemed to be ON IT. They had all the usual suspects: hand sanitizer everywhere, staff masked up, and what felt like constant wiping down of surfaces. I didn't see any professional-grade sanitizing services like it said, but it felt clean, and more importantly, safe. They also have rooms sanitized between stays, which, honestly, put my mind at ease when the room doors opened. (Room sanitization opt-out available? Not in my book!)
Rooms – The Good, the Bad, and the Surprisingly Comfortable!
Okay, let's talk rooms. Mine smelled clean, and I'm a little obsessive there. I also really appreciated the air conditioning after a long day out. The linens were crisp, and the blackout curtains were a GODSEND for sleep-deprived grandma. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! And, seriously, that's a major win. Internet access - wireless, check. Internet access – LAN? I didn't even try that. (Who uses LAN anymore? Am I showing my age?)
My room was a "Non-smoking" one – which is crucial for me, because I am allergic. However, my room was a decent size, and the extra long beds were great. I loved that they had a mini fridge, and the coffee maker was a godsend (the complimentary tea wasn't bad, either). They had a basic "Desk" and "Laptop workspace", which I appreciated since I was working from there. There are even "Interconnecting rooms available"!
The "Bathroom" was perfectly functional. It was clean. It had a shower. "Toiletries", "Towels", "Slippers," "Bathrobes", "Hair dryer" were all provided. It wasn’t fancy, but it worked. "Wake-up service" was available.
Overall, it had all the essentials. "Additional toilet", "Alarm clock", "Bathtub", "Bathroom phone", "Blackout curtains", "Carpeting", "Closet", "Coffee/tea maker", "Complimentary tea", "Daily housekeeping", "Desk", "Extra long bed", "Free bottled water", "Hair dryer", "High floor", "In-room safe box", "Interconnecting room(s) available", "Internet access – wireless", "Ironing facilities", "Laptop workspace", "Linens", "Mini bar", "Mirror", "Non-smoking", "On-demand movies", "Private bathroom", "Reading light", "Refrigerator", "Safety/security feature", "Satellite/cable channels", "Scale", "Seating area", "Separate shower/bathtub", "Shower", "Slippers", "Smoke detector", "Socket near the bed", "Sofa", "Soundproofing", "Telephone", "Toiletries", "Towels", "Umbrella", "Visual alarm", "Wake-up service", "Wi-Fi [free]", "Window that opens".
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Food, Glorious Food (With a Side of "Is This Real?")
The dining situation at the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel? It's… eclectic. There's a "Restaurant" with "A la carte in restaurant", "Asian breakfast", "Asian cuisine in restaurant", "Bar", "Breakfast [buffet]", "Breakfast service", "Buffet in restaurant", "Coffee/tea in restaurant", "Coffee shop", "Desserts in restaurant", "Happy hour", "International cuisine in restaurant", "Poolside bar", "Restaurants", "Room service [24-hour]", "Salad in restaurant", "Snack bar", "Soup in restaurant", "Vegetarian restaurant", "Western breakfast", "Western cuisine in restaurant". I can't vouch for its authenticity, though.
Breakfast, (breakfast [buffet], and breakfast service) was included. It was the usual fare – fruit, eggs, bacon, pastries. "Alternative meal arrangement" was available. "Bottle of water" was provided. "Essential condiments" were present. Essential. And the coffee? Well, it needed a little help from my travel-sized instant coffee. But hey, at least it was coffee.
I grabbed a few snacks (snack bar!) at the "Coffee shop" - but the highlight has to be the "Poolside bar". The "Poolside bar" was a revelation. Picture this: a scorching afternoon, a perfect blue sky, an ice-cold drink in your hand. The "Happy hour" was a good time, and it really elevated the "Pool with view", "Swimming pool [outdoor]" experience. The "Poolside bar" itself wasn't fancy, but it was everything I needed at that moment.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax – From Spa Days to… Erm… More Spa Days
Okay, this is where the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel really shines. The "Spa", "Spa/sauna", "Sauna", "Steamroom" are all a-ma-zing, and I was so ready for it.
Seriously, after all that climbing, the "Massage" was pure heaven. I also really wanted to treat myself, so I booked a "Body scrub" and a "Body wrap". I'm not going to lie… it was exactly what I needed. The "Fitness center" also looked good. "Foot bath"? Sign me up, please!
The pool area is where it gets interesting. The "Pool with view", "Swimming pool [outdoor]" is gorgeous. "Swimming pool", in general, gets a thumbs up.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter
I had a few random questions and needed a few things, and the "Concierge" was a lifesaver. They also have "Daily housekeeping", which is a plus. It's the little things, right? The "Elevator" was essential for my grandma, and it all helped in the hotel. "Cash withdrawal", "Convenience store", "Currency exchange", "Dry cleaning", "Facilities for disabled guests", "Food delivery", "Gift/souvenir shop", "Luggage storage", "Safety deposit boxes" - the basics are covered. They even have "Air conditioning in public area"!
Other things I liked: "Baby-sitting service"; "Car park [free of charge]"; "Car park [on-site]".
For the Kids - Not Much to Report Here
"Babysitting service" is available, and it is "Family/child friendly". However, there's not much in the way of "Kids facilities" or "Kids meal".
Getting Around – Easy Peasy
"Airport transfer" is available, which, honestly, is a major plus. They have "Taxi service" and "Valet parking". "Bicycle parking" and "Car park [on-site]".
The Conclusion (Finally!)
Look, the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel isn't perfect. It's got its quirks. But it's clean, accessible, and surprisingly relaxing. Most importantly, it feels real. It's not trying to be something it's not. And that authenticity? That's a rare commodity these days.
So, would I recommend it? Absolutely. Especially if you're looking for a great spot in Salt Lake and access to a pool from the hotel. If you want a stuffy, pretentious experience? Maybe look elsewhere. But if you want a comfortable, friendly stay, and a little bit of Utah charm? Then Escape to Utah's Best Kept Secret: Salt Lake Plaza Hotel! is your spot.
SEO-Friendly Offer to Book Now!
Tired of the Same Old Hotels? Escape to Utah's Best-Kept Secret: Salt Lake Plaza Hotel!
Ready for a truly unforgettable Utah getaway? Ditch the cookie-
Luxury Escapes Await: Hotel Rose's Willcox, Arizona
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your perfectly curated Instagram travel itinerary. This is the REAL deal, a messy, emotional rollercoaster of a trip through Salt Lake City, centered around the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel SureStay Collection by Best Western. Prepare yourselves…
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Airport Pizza (and a surprisingly decent hotel)
- 1:00 PM: Touchdown in Salt Lake City… which meant I was officially on vacation! A weird mix of giddy excitement and the dull ache of a slight hangover from that pre-flight celebratory mimosa (because, priorities). Dragging my suitcase off the baggage carousel felt like a Herculean task after 6 hours on a plane.
- Anecdote: Found the "Lost Luggage" desk wayyyy faster than I'd hoped. Turns out, one of my bags decided to take a scenic route to Denver. Great start, universe!
- 1:30 PM: Pre-booked a shuttle to the hotel. Smooth enough! The driver, a jovial guy named Earl, gave me the lowdown on Utah's legal weed situation (still confusing) and seemed genuinely thrilled to be driving.
- 2:30 PM: Salt Lake Plaza Hotel: Checked in. Okay, first impressions? Surprisingly pleasant! The lobby was clean, the staff were friendly (especially the lady with the bright pink lipstick), and the elevator wasn't making any ominous clanking noises. My room was, well, a room. Comfortable enough, nothing fancy, but clean and the AC worked. That's all I asked for.
- Quirky observation: The hotel brochure had a picture of a family happily eating breakfast. Is anyone actually that happy before coffee?
- 3:00 PM: Hotel room relaxation. I needed a moment to decompress and mentally prepare myself for solo adventures. My travel journal was the only companion needed. I spent the next hour just gazing at the hotel map. At least I know where the vending machine is.
- 4:00 PM: Hunger pangs! Headed to the nearby airport for the worst pizza I'd ever had in my life. But that was the only open eatery besides a Subway. Ate it anyway. What else could a solo traveler do, really?
- Emotional reaction: That pizza will forever be etched in my memory as a symbol of my desperate, hungry state.
- 5:00 PM: The hotel pool (small, indoors, but heated! Score!). My first swim of the trip! The water was warm and inviting, the perfect medicine for my post-flight stress. I nearly had the entire pool to myself for a while.
Day 2: History, Hikes, and Highs and Lows
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The included continental breakfast wasn't exactly Michelin-star material, but the coffee was hot and there was a surprisingly good selection of pastries. I made a mental note to steal a few more muffins to stash in my room for later;
- 10:00 AM: A trip to Temple Square! I'm not religious, but the architecture is undeniably stunning. Strolling through the grounds, gawking at the intricate details, was actually pretty enjoyable. I was feeling a lot more grounded, so maybe a little history was perfect.
- Anecdote: Got talked into listening to a whole gospel talk by a very enthusiastic volunteer. It was… intense, but I learned a few things. And she offered me a cookie. (always accept free food!)
- 12:00 PM: Brief moment of clarity. Decided I needed to get outside and hike. I decided to go big.
- 1:00 PM: Hiking at Ensign Peak! The views were breathtaking. Worth the slight muscle ache.
- Quirky observation: I'm pretty sure I saw a squirrel judging my hiking outfit.
- 3:00 PM: Back at the hotel. I'd been gone too long! I decided to rest and reflect.
- 5:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant. The food was good, the company - my trusty travel book - remained steady. I felt a pang of loneliness, but that passed.
- Opinion: I loved the food, but it was pretty pricey.
- 6:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Watched a movie. Ordered some room service, which wasn't the best, but it was convenient.
- Emotional reaction: I felt like the room service food was a metaphor for my life. Sometimes, you get less than you pay for.
Day 3: Art, Altitude, and the Unreliable Internet
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast again. The muffins had gone stale, but I ate them anyway because nothing is better than free food from the hotel.
- 10:00 AM: Explored the Utah Museum of Fine Arts. So much art! I actually had to sit down for a bit!
- Rambling: This museum was amazing. The paintings, the sculptures, the exhibits… all incredible! I did see a man fall asleep in front of one of the paintings. I wonder if he was as mentally exhausted as I.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a cute cafe. The staff was a little strange, but I still enjoyed myself.
- 2:00 PM: The inevitable meltdown. I needed to get a little work done, but the hotel Wi-fi was, frankly, abysmal.
- Emotional reaction: I almost launched my laptop out the window. The lack of internet created a lot of unnecessary stress.
- 3:00 PM: Rescued by coffee! I found a trendy coffee shop and spent the rest of the afternoon there.
- 6:00 PM: Another solo dinner! I went back to the place I'd gone to before, because, hey, at least I knew it was reliable.
- 7:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Watched TV and relaxed.
Day 4: Departure Day, Reflections, and a Vow to Return!
- 8:00 AM: Last breakfast. Said goodbye to those muffins.
- 9:00 AM: Checked out. Headed to the airport to retrieve luggage, and made my way through the airport, ready to leave.
- Reflection: This trip? Definitely a mixed bag. Some amazing highs (that hike!), some crushing lows (the Wi-Fi). But that's the beauty of travel, right? The unpredictability, the messy moments, the chance to learn and grow.
- 1:00 PM: Back home! I immediately started planning my next trip to Salt Lake City.
Final Thoughts: The Salt Lake Plaza Hotel was a solid, functional basecamp. It wasn't perfect, but it was clean, comfortable, and the staff were friendly. Would I stay there again? Absolutely. It's not a luxury resort, but sometimes, all you need is a clean bed, a hot shower, and a place to recharge. And hey, maybe next time, I'll bring my own Wi-Fi hotspot. And definitely more snacks.
Reedsburg Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8!
So, the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel... Is it really a "best kept secret"? Because, come on, secrets are supposed to be, you know, *secret*!
Okay, fine, charm. But what's the *actual* hotel like? Like, rooms, amenities, the whole shebang? Don't be vague!
Location, location, location! How's the Plaza's spot in Salt Lake City? Is it easy to get around?
Let's get personal. What's *your* favorite thing about the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel?
So, the food? Is it… edible? Because hotel food!
Okay, spill the tea! What's the *worst* thing about the Salt Lake PlazaHotel? Gimme the dirt!


Post a Comment for "Escape to Utah's Best Kept Secret: Salt Lake Plaza Hotel!"