Cheyenne's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn Review (You Won't Believe This!)

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

Cheyenne's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Cheyenne's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn Review (You Won't Believe This!) - OR, My Wyoming Wild West Whirlwind!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just survived… experienced Cheyenne. And I'm here to tell you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, about La Quinta Inn. Forget those sterile, robotic reviews. This is real. This is messy. This is… Cheyenne!

(SEO Keywords: Cheyenne Hotel, La Quinta Inn, Cheyenne WY, Hotel Review, Accessible Hotel, Free Wifi, Pet Friendly, Pool, Breakfast, Clean Hotel, Wyoming Travel)

First off, a confession. Before I booked, my expectations for Cheyenne were… low. Think tumbleweeds, dusty saloons, and maybe a grumpy cowboy or two. (Turns out, I wasn't completely wrong about the tumbleweeds. They're EVERYWHERE.) But La Quinta? La Quinta, my friends, surprised me. It was like finding a shimmering oasis of… well, not luxury, but definitely comfort in the vast Wyoming prairie.

Getting in & Around (and Other Stuff I Forgot to Mention):

Right off the bat, let's talk accessibility. Because honestly, it's a HUGE deal. (And because I’m getting older, and those stairs are becoming a REAL issue!) La Quinta gets a big thumbs up here. Wheelchair accessible? Check! And the ramps and elevators were actually smooth, not those clunky, rickety things you sometimes find. They get it. They really do. This made my arrival, and getting around, a breeze.

And speaking of ease, check-in/out was contactless. Brilliant! (My germaphobic soul did a little happy dance.) They also had a 24-hour front desk. Crucial when you arrive at 3 AM, disoriented from a red-eye and craving a pillow. This really helped when my flight was delayed.

What else? Oh yeah, car park [free of charge] is a MASSIVE win. Especially when you're used to being fleeced for parking fees in big cities. Airport transfer? Nope, didn’t see it. Guess you're on your own there. But the location is pretty decent, not too far from the… well, from everything really, in Cheyenne. Taxi service is there too, if you're not driving.

Accessibility - The Fine Print:

  • Elevator accessible.
  • Rooms with wheelchair accessibility.

Rooms & Amenities - Where the Magic (and the Mild Disappointments) Happen:

Okay, let's talk rooms. I'm not gonna lie, it's not the Ritz. But the non-smoking rooms were genuinely non-smoking. That's a huge win for me, because I’ve stayed in places where "non-smoking" apparently meant "vaguely scented with Febreze." The room was clean – a major plus. Daily housekeeping kept things tidy. And, hallelujah, Wi-Fi [free] and Wi-Fi [free] in every room! (Yes, I'm repeating myself because it’s important!). I’m looking at you, La Quinta!

What else?

  • Air conditioning (essential in Cheyenne summers, apparently).
  • Free bottled water! (A simple pleasure, but a welcome one.)
  • Coffee/tea maker (critical for morning survival).
  • Refrigerator: Handy for stashing that leftover BBQ from the amazing (and accessible) restaurant down the street.

Here is a funny story! One of the biggest perks they had for me was an extra long bed!!! I am over 6 feet tall, and this was an absolute godsend!

Now, the not-so-perfect bits (because let's be honest, perfection is boring):

  • The TV. Well, it was a TV. The picture wasn't exactly crystal clear, but hey, I'm not here to watch TV.
  • Noise. It wasn't terrible, but you could occasionally hear… things. (Soundproofing is a tricky business, apparently.)
  • No bathtub. Just a shower. Minor gripe, but I LOVE a good soak. But the shower had good water pressure, so I can't complain much.
  • I didn't test the on-demand movies, because, well, I was too busy exploring Cheyenne's…charm.

Things to Do (and Ways to Relax) - Pool Time, Baby!

Okay, the highlight! The swimming pool [outdoor]. Now, it wasn’t a pool-with-a-view. But after a day of exploring (and dodging tumbleweeds) a refreshing dip was EVERYTHING. It was clean, well-maintained, and a perfect way to unwind. They also had a fitness center. I'm not a gym rat, but I peeked in and it looked decent enough for a quick workout.

Food, Glorious Food! (And the Breakfast Debacle)

This is where things get… interesting. Breakfast [buffet] is included. Included. And for free, right? Well, its what is expected. It was your standard continental fare: cereals, pastries, and something that vaguely resembled scrambled eggs. I’m not going to lie, I've had better, but it filled the void. I also enjoyed the fruit, which looked and tasted fresh.

However, the Breakfast Takeaway Service was handy for a quick start to the day.

Dining, drinking, and snacking,

  • Coffee shop

Cleanliness & Safety - The Sanitizing Saga!

In these post-pandemic times, EVERYONE cares about this. And La Quinta? They get it. Big time. Rooms sanitized between stays. Daily disinfection in common areas. Hand sanitizer everywhere. And even, get this, individually-wrapped food options at breakfast. (Though the taste of some of them was debatable.) I felt safe. I felt… clean.

Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter:

  • Elevator. (Again, crucial for accessibility!)
  • Laundry service. Because, let’s face it, travel can get messy.
  • Contactless Check-in/out - A big win.

For the Kids: They had a family/child friendly setup, but I didn't have kids, so I was unable to properly test the babysitting service, but the signs were there.

And the Verdict? Should You Book?

Okay, deep breath. Yes. ABSOLUTELY YES. La Quinta Inn in Cheyenne isn't the most luxurious hotel in the world. But it's clean, comfortable, accessible, and surprisingly charming. It's a solid choice whether you're passing through, exploring Cheyenne, or getting involved in the Wyoming experience.

Here's my offer to you:

Tired of bland hotel experiences? Craving a comfortable, clean, and convenient basecamp for your Cheyenne adventure? Book your stay at La Quinta Inn in Cheyenne NOW and get 15% OFF your stay! PLUS, enjoy complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and access to our refreshing outdoor pool. Use code "CHEYENNEFUN" at checkout. Don't miss out on the best value and the most reliable stay in Cheyenne! Book Now - your Wyoming adventure awaits!

(Seriously, book it. It's a good deal, and Cheyenne is waiting for you.)

Escape to Paradise: Lo Nuestro Petit Hotel, Tulum's Hidden Gem

Book Now

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Cheyenne (WY) escapade, specifically the La Quinta Inn by Wyndham. Forget the carefully curated travel blogs; this is gonna be the real, slightly-stained-coffee-cup-ring-on-the-table version.

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Regret (mostly kidding… mostly)

  • 3:00 PM - Arrival, Check-in, and the Great Air Conditioner Mystery: Cheyenne. Population: Less I knew. Driving in, I swear I saw tumbleweeds doing the cha-cha. The La Quinta looked… well, like a La Quinta. Functional. Check-in was smooth, thankfully, because I was RUNNING on fumes and cheap gas station coffee. Then, the air conditioner. It sounded like a dying dinosaur gargling ball bearings. Instant dread. This could be a long night. Maybe I can sleep with the window open.

  • 3:30 PM - The Room Reveal and Existential Dread: The room. It smelled vaguely of chlorine and… well, hotel. The carpet was trying to hide its age, but failing miserably. Two queen beds – one for sleeping (maybe), one for my overflowing luggage and emotional baggage. I flopped onto the bed, sighed dramatically, and took a half-hour nap. This is the life, they say. Maybe they're lying.

  • 5:00 PM - Exploring the Immediate Surroundings (aka, the gas stations and the diner): Okay, gotta be honest. The La Quinta's immediate surroundings aren’t exactly a bustling metropolis. But hey, all the better for privacy, right? I took a stroll, eyeballing the options for dinner. A gas station with a questionable coffee selection and a diner called "Ma's Diner". The diner, as it turned out, it was really great, the waitress was so nice, and the food was good old fashion cooking.

  • 7:00 PM - Dinner at Ma's Diner: A Culinary Revelation (and a Chat with the Friendly Staff): Okay, this is a high point. Ma's Diner. Greasy spoon charm, the kind of place where the waitress probably knows everyone's order. I ordered a burger (don't judge, I was hungry), and it was surprisingly excellent. The waitress, bless her heart, kept my coffee cup full and gave me a rundown of the best local attractions. "You gotta see the Frontier Days celebration if you're here in July, honey!" she said with a wink. Maybe Cheyenne wasn't so bad after all.

  • 8:30 PM - Back to the Room, Air Conditioner Still a Menace: Back at the room, the air conditioner was still a dying dinosaur. I bravely turned it up to "Arctic" and then spent the next hour listening to it battle for its life. Tried to watch TV, but ended up in a state of total relaxation, drifting in and out of consciousness.

  • 10:00 PM - Attempted Sleep… and the Eternal Struggle: Somehow, I fell asleep. Barely. The air conditioner rattled and hummed, and the distant sounds of the railroad cars added to the cacophony. I think I managed a few hours of subpar sleep.

Day 2: Historical Musings, Cowboy Dreams, and… Well, More Air Conditioner Woes

  • 7:00 AM - Wake-Up and the First Coffee Crisis: Woke up feeling… surprisingly alive! The coffee machine in the room made a truly terrible cup of coffee. But that's okay. I'd have to get some from "Ma's Diner"

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast at Ma's Diner (Again!): Yep, back to Ma's. The pancakes this time were a revelation. My waitress was even more friendly, chatting about her grandkids. I felt like a local, even though I was clearly a tourist.

  • 9:30 AM - Downtown Cheyenne and the State Museum: Okay, time for a dose of culture! Drove downtown, parked (surprisingly easy), and visited the Wyoming State Museum. Actually, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The history of the state, well, isn't what I knew it would be, and I was immediately transported.

  • 12:00 PM - Lunch and a Cowboy Hat Impulse Buy: My stomach demanded lunch. Found a little deli and had a sandwich. Then, I saw it… a cowboy hat! Impulse buy? Maybe. Worth it? Absolutely.

  • 1:30 PM - Back to the hotel: The air conditioning was still a source of stress. I tried using the window again.

  • 3:00 PM - A Quiet Afternoon: Some reading, watching TV and general relaxation.

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner and Reflections: Had dinner at another diner. Cheyenne, maybe it's growing on me, maybe the world is too complicated to be anything other than nice to each other.

  • 7:30 PM - The air conditioner continues to battle: Back to the room. The air conditioner was still a menace, so I slept with the window open.

Day 3: Goodbye Cheyenne (and the Dinosaur Air Conditioner)

  • 7:00 AM - Last Coffee and Goodbye: Said goodbye to Ma's Diner. It was hard.

  • 8:00 AM - Check-out and Departure: Packed up my stuff, made sure to leave the room roughly in the same condition it was when I arrived (minus the overflowing luggage, of course). Checked out. One last sigh of relief as I left the La Quinta, and its noisy air conditioner, behind.

Overall Impressions:

Cheyenne, Wyoming… I started off a bit skeptical. But I have to say, it grew on me! The La Quinta Inn was… well, it was a La Quinta. Functional, but with a rather temperamental air conditioner. But the people, the diners, the unexpected bits of history… they made the experience memorable. Would I go back? Maybe. Perhaps I'd pack my own air conditioner, just in case.

Escape to Paradise: Your Mobile, AL Getaway Awaits at Super 8!

Book Now

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

La Quinta Inn Cheyenne: The Unvarnished Truth (Seriously, Read This Before You Book!)

Is this place *really* "Cheyenne's BEST"? Because, let's be honest, "best" can be relative... especially in Cheyenne.

Okay, okay, let's cut to the chase. "Cheyenne's BEST" is probably a stretch. It's like saying your dog is the "World's Greatest" – you love him, but objectively... well, let's just say there's room for improvement. Is it the WORST? Nah. Is it going to blow your mind? Probably not. Think of it as a reliable, sometimes-quirky, sometimes-a-little-dingy, but generally acceptable place to rest your weary head after a long drive or a day of… well, *anything* in Cheyenne.

The breakfast is... well, it's there. Don't expect gourmet. Cereal, waffles (if the machine is working – more on that later), and some fruit that looks like it's seen better days. But, you know, it's free. And sometimes, that waffle craving hits you HARD.

Let's talk about those rooms. What's the vibe? Clean? Dingy? Haunted by the ghosts of stale coffee and questionable decisions?

Okay, the rooms. Here's the deal. They're... functional. Think "business traveler's haven" meets "road trip pit stop." The decor is, shall we say, "classic motel chic." Imagine a color palette mostly consisting of beige, brown, and various shades of… well, let's just call it "earth tones."

Cleanliness varies. I've had rooms that were sparkling, and I've had rooms where I *swear* I saw a dust bunny the size of a small dog. (Okay, maybe I exaggerate slightly. But it *felt* big!) The beds are generally comfy, although one time, the mattress felt like it had more dips than a rollercoaster. The bathroom? Usually fine. Just... check for any lingering hairs. (You know, the usual.)

Anecdote time! I once stayed in a room where the TV remote had, shall we say, seen better days. It was held together with about a mile of electrical tape. I kid you not! And it STILL worked! That's the spirit of La Quinta, Cheyenne. Survivor remote! It's a testament to its willingness to endure.

The Pool. Is the POOL worth the hype? (Because pools, I've learned, are the *lie* of a good hotel sometimes)

The pool… Ah, the pool. Look, it's not the Four Seasons. It's an indoor pool, which is great for bad weather. The water's usually clean (though it can occasionally have that… *distinct* chlorine smell). The room is… well, it’s *humid*. Bring a towel. Bring two. You'll need them. The kids love it, though. And that, sometimes, is all that matters.

Rambling Alert: Okay, pool drama. One time, I went down, ready for a relaxing swim after a brutal day of driving. And… it was CLOSED. "Maintenance," they said. MY HEART SANK. I'd been picturing that pool for hours. The pure, unadulterated disappointment! That's the thing about hotels, sometimes. The promises... the *expectations*...

Is breakfast a *must* at La Quinta?

FREE BREAKFAST! That gets a lot of people through the door. I am one of those people. The free breakfast at La Quinta is... well, it's pretty much what you'd expect. Waffles, cereal, fruit (occasionally), and a selection of pre-packaged pastries that might not be fresh, but sometimes taste good anyway! Coffee, juice, and the usual suspects. If you're a breakfast snob, you'll probably be disappointed. If you're just looking to fuel up before hitting the road, it's perfectly adequate. And again, it's FREE! That's a huge win in my book. (Especially when you're trying to watch your travel budget.)

What about the staff – are they friendly?

The staff at La Quinta in Cheyenne are generally friendly, though the level of enthusiasm can vary. Some are absolute gems – helpful, welcoming, and genuinely happy to see you. Others… well, they might be having a rough day. But hey, we all have those, right? Overall, I've always found them to be professional and willing to help, even if the Wi-Fi is wonky and the waffle maker is on the fritz. They're doing their best, and I can appreciate that. Just remember your manners, and you'll be fine.

Location, location, location! How's the La Quinta situated?

Okay, the location. It’s… fine. It's close to the highway, which is convenient for road trippers. There are restaurants and shops nearby, so you won't starve or be completely bored. However, it's not exactly a scenic or hip location It's a fairly standard, slightly-industrial-feeling part of town. But hey, you're in Cheyenne – you're not expecting the Amalfi Coast, are you? It gets the job done.

Wi-Fi? Is the Wi-Fi a tragedy? I need to work (or, you know, *stream*)!

Ah, the Wi-Fi. It's a crapshoot. Sometimes it's blazing fast, allowing you to stream movies and check emails with lightning speed. Other times... well, you might as well be tethered to the dial-up era. Prepare for potential buffering, dropped connections, and the general frustration of modern internet woes. My advice? If you *absolutely* need reliable internet, maybe tether to your phone. Or pray. Seriously.

Okay, bottom line: Should I stay at La Quinta in Cheyenne?

Look, if you're on a budget, need a place to crash, and aren't overly picky, then yeah, La Quinta in Cheyenne is a perfectly acceptable choice. Don't expect luxury. Don't expect perfection. Expect a reasonably clean room, a semi-decent breakfast, a potentially wonky Wi-Fi connection, and a staff that's generally trying their best.

My honest opinion? It's fine. It's not going to ruin your trip. Will it make you say "Wow"? Nope. Will it get the job done? Probably. And sometimes, that's all you need.

Quick Hotel Finder

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne Cheyenne (WY) United States

Post a Comment for "Cheyenne's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn Review (You Won't Believe This!)"