Escape to El Paso: Your Home Away From Home at Hawthorn Suites!

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Escape to El Paso: Your Home Away From Home at Hawthorn Suites!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Hawthorn Suites in El Paso, and let me tell you, it's a whole experience. Forget perfect, pristine travel reviews. This is the real deal. The messy, delightful, sometimes slightly wonky truth about finding your "Home Away From Home." Let's get to it.

Escape to El Paso: Your Home Away From Home (and Maybe a Little Bit of Chaos) at Hawthorn Suites!

First off, the name is right. “Home Away From Home.” That’s the vibe they're going for. And, for the most part, they nail it. But, hey, nobody’s perfect, right? And that's what makes life interesting. So, let's break it down, room by room (and amenity by amenity!).

Arrival & First Impressions (and the Mild Panic of Orientation)

Finding the place was…well, let's just say my GPS and I had a discussion. But once I arrived, the exterior wasn't particularly "wow," you know? It's definitely a practical kind of place, not designed to knock your socks off. But that’s okay! It's El Paso! And it is an exterior corridor situation, which is actually kinda nice. You can park right outside your door, which is super convenient for unloading luggage.

Accessibility: A Big Win (Mostly!)

Alright, accessibility is important, and Hawthorn Suites gets it. There are "Facilities for disabled guests," and I saw an elevator. The front desk seemed ready to help, too. BUT, let's be real: I didn't personally need those specific accommodations, so I can't give you a definitive assessment. Best to call ahead and get the specifics if this is crucial for you. They definitely had the intent to be accessible, which is a fantastic start!

Entering the Hawthorn Suites Realm: Rooms & Rooms

  • Rooms Sanitized Between Stays: THANK GOODNESS. I gotta admit, post-pandemic, that's a huge comfort. Knowing they're putting in the effort feels important.
  • Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
  • My room: Decent size, yeah. A bit dated, honestly. Think "comfortably lived-in." The bed was okay - not the best I've ever slept on, but perfectly fine for a few nights. The blackout curtains? Essential. Slept like a log. The internet worked, which is crucial. I've stayed in places where the Wi-Fi was slower than dial-up, and that's a special kind of torture. No such issue here.

Internet & Connectivity (The Digital Lifeblood)

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Ding Ding Ding! Huge win. Seriously.
  • Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services and, Wi-Fi in public areas: Yeah, it's covered. You're connected. Thank goodness! Because, let's be honest, in today's world, a bad internet connection is almost a deal-breaker. They also offer, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless.

Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Regret)

  • Breakfast [buffet]: This is where the "Home Away From Home" idea really kicks in. Breakfast is included, and it's a decent spread! The usual suspects: scrambled eggs (sometimes a little… questionable, but I’m not gonna complain!), sausage, waffles, cereal. There's even the occasional (and surprisingly good) breakfast burrito. Coffee? Plentiful. It gets you going in the morning.
  • Things to note: They had "Individually-wrapped food options".
  • Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: I didn't dive into all of these, but the bare bones were there.
  • Dining setup: "Safe dining setup".

Relaxation and Rejuvenation: Let's Talk Spa (Or a Lack Thereof)

  • Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]:
  • The Pool: It's outdoor. I’m not going to lie, it wasn't the most glamorous pool I've ever seen, but it did the trick. After a day of exploring El Paso, a dip was pure bliss. There was a "Poolside bar" but it wasn't overly exciting.
  • Things to do, ways to relax: The whole "Spa" thing? Not quite what you’d expect. No "Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage". Which bummed me out a little. After all, sometimes you just need a massage, you know? This wasn't a "spa destination," it was a "pool and chill" kind of place.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Essentials

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: This is important! They're doing their best to keep things safe and clean, which, in this day and age, is hugely appreciated.

Services and Amenities: The Good, the Okay, and the "Meh"

  • Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
  • The Good: Free parking! Seriously, that’s a huge bonus. Cash withdrawal was great.
  • The Okay: Daily housekeeping was good, consistent. The concierge… well, they were there.
  • The Meh: The "convenience store" was a bit sparsely stocked.

For the Kids (Family Friendly Vibes)

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: I didn’t have kids, so I can’t personally vouch for the “kids facilities”. They're definitely aiming to be family-friendly.

Getting Around (Easy Peasy!)

  • Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: The free car park nailed it for me. Super easy. The airport transfer is a plus, too, if you’re not driving.

The Verdict: Is It Worth It? (Absolutely!)

Look, Hawthorn Suites isn't the Four Seasons. It's not trying to be. It is, however, a perfectly decent, comfortable, and affordable place to stay in El Paso. It’s a solid choice for families. It's got the essentials covered, and it feels… real. No pretension, just a place to relax and recharge.

My Quirky Observation: I did notice a slightly… loud air conditioning unit in my room, which wasn’t ideal, but it wasn’t a deal breaker. You're in El Paso, you know? Expect a little character.

The Emotional Reaction: A Solid "Thumbs Up!"

Honestly? I’d stay there again. For the price, the location, and the free Wi-Fi, it’s a winner. Plus, the staff were friendly and helpful. They made you feel welcome. That's what really matters, you know?

**

Gallup's BEST Hotel Deal? La Quinta Inn & Suites Awaits!

Book Now

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… well, this is me trying to survive a few days at the Hawthorn Extended Stay in El Paso. God, I already feel the existential dread creeping in. Consider yourself warned.

Hawthorn Extended Stay: El Paso - The Existential Rollercoaster (A Messy Itinerary)

Day 1: Arrival and the Crushing Weight of Extended Stay Living

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at El Paso International Airport (ELP). Okay, smooth sailing. First hurdle down. I'm hoping my luggage isn't currently enjoying an all-expenses-paid trip to… somewhere else.
  • 1:45 PM: Uber to Hawthorn. The driver, bless his soul, was a chatty Cathy. Asked me what brought me to El Paso. "Work," I mumbled, because, honestly, the truth is far more boring and involves spreadsheets. The drive… Well, it's El Paso. Lots of open space, mountains in the distance, and that feeling that I've wandered into a Spaghetti Western.
  • 2:30 PM: Check-in. Oh, the sweet, sugary anticipation of… a small room with a kitchenette. Ah yes, the extended stay life. The front desk clerk, bless her soul, seemed as jaded as I already felt. The key card felt like a symbol of impending doom.
  • 3:00 PM: Room inspection. Okay, the good news is… the bed is actually made. And relatively clean. The bad news? The kitchenette appears to be a portal to a world of questionable cooking techniques and the lingering scent of… something. I'm going to need industrial-strength Febreeze, stat.
  • 3:30 PM: Grocery store run. Gotta stock up on the essentials. Coffee. Coffee. And maybe some… well, anything but the frozen dinners I saw lurking in the freezer. I'm convinced those things have been there since the Carter administration.
  • 4:30 PM: Unpack. This is where the true existential dread sets in. Living out of a suitcase is a metaphor I didn't sign up for. I swear, I'm pretty sure I left a life in this suitcase back in "life".
  • 5:30 PM: Attempt to make coffee with the provided coffee maker. It's a gamble. Will it work? Will it spew hot, brown liquid everywhere? The suspense is killing me. (Rambles on: Okay, the coffee maker mostly worked. But the coffee tasted like… sadness. Like the kind of sadness you feel when you realize you've spent $80 on a hotel and the highlight of your evening is drinking lukewarm coffee in a cramped room. I'm going to need a real cup of coffee. A good cup of coffee.).
  • 6:30 PM: Work (sigh). The reason I'm here.
  • 9:00 PM: Dinner. Pizza from the delivery place down the street. It was… edible. Fine. Moving on.
  • 10:00 PM: Stare at the ceiling. Contemplate the meaning of life. Realize I left my book at home. Curse my lack of preparedness. Begin to understand why people call Extended Stay Hotels "Hotel purgatory".
  • 11:00 PM: Try to sleep. Fail. The AC unit is a roaring beast. The streetlight outside casts an eerie glow. I'm pretty sure the walls are made of paper. I hear someone coughing loudly.

Day 2: The Deep Dive into El Paso (or, at least, the nearest Whataburger)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up, feeling like I’ve been run over by a truck and then gently rearranged. Curse the AC unit. Curse the coughing neighbor. Start a fresh pot of that soul-crushing coffee.
  • 8:00 AM: Work. Again. The endless cycle. I wonder if the corporate overlords are aware of the psychological toll that Hawthorn is taking on my soul. Probably not.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Okay, I’m caving. I’m getting Whataburger. It’s a regional rite of passage, right? Plus, I need a burger the size of my head to temporarily erase the fact that I'm in a hotel room that has all the charm of a holding cell.
  • 1:00 PM: Whataburger experience. Look, it's a burger. A good burger. But it’s also the moment I fully realized I am going to be fat and alone here. I think the guy at the drive-thru was judging my order. But who cares? I needed the joy. The joy of… fries.
  • 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: More work. The clock moves at a snail's pace.
  • 6:00 PM: Attempt to venture out. Maybe explore a tiny bit of El Paso. Get lost. Find a decent Mexican restaurant. I'm craving something… real. Not the processed garbage I've been subjected to. (Opinionated Rambling: El Paso deserves better than being a footnote. I want to see the real thing. The desert. The culture. The spice. But I'm also exhausted. And slightly afraid to drive in an unfamiliar city. Maybe later. Definitely later.)
  • 7:00 PM: Give up on venturing out. Order in again. Sigh again.
  • 9:00 PM: Watch TV. The options are… dismal.
  • 10:00 PM: Try to sleep again. Fail again. The existential dread deepens.
  • 11:00 PM: Begin planning my escape from the Hawthorn.
  • 11:30 PM: The coughing returns.

Day 3: The Desert and the Despair (or, maybe, a hint of redemption?)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. The AC is still at war with the world. The coffee… I’m almost afraid to ask.
  • 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Work. I dream of beaches and margaritas. Anything to escape this… this… beige-walled hellscape.
  • 1:00 PM: Decide I need to do something. Anything. Screw it. I will leave this hellhole
  • 1:30 PM: DRIVE TO THE DESERT! Look, I don't care if I get lost. I'm heading for the desert. I need… silence. And maybe to see something beautiful. The Franklin Mountains look majestic in the distance. I choose a random road and drive and drive. The landscape slowly switches from suburbia to pure desert.
  • 2:30 PM: I park the car. It's magnificent. Red rocks. Cacti. The vast, open sky. I take a deep breath. It’s… beautiful. The silence is almost deafening. I feel a small flicker of something… hope? Maybe I’m not completely miserable.
  • 3:00 PM: Stroll. I wander. Just walking. Maybe this hotel stay isn't all bad.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to the Hawthorn. The brutal reality of my situation returns.
  • 5:00 PM: Work.
  • 9:00 PM: I am desperate. I will clean my room.
  • 9:30 PM: I am still desperate. Pizza.
  • 10:00 PM: Watch TV until my brain becomes scrambled eggs.
  • 11:00 PM: Try to convince myself that I’m going to make the most of this.
  • 11:30 PM: Turn out the lights. Pray for sleep.

Day 4: Departure and the Lingering Grime (or, the aftermath)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. The final morning. Thank God.
  • 8:00 AM: Check-out. The front desk clerk looked as tired as I am. "Have a good day," she mumbled. I didn't.
  • 8:30 AM: Uber to the airport.
  • 9:00 AM: Wait at the gate.
  • 10:00 AM: Board a plane. I was ready to escape the hotel. I'm thinking that this city and this stay have changed me forevermore.
  • 11:00 AM: Fly away.

Post-Trip Assessment:

Okay, so the Hawthorn Extended Stay didn't exactly deliver a five-star experience. The room wasn't terrible but it was sterile and lonely. The kitchenette was laughable. But I survived. And hey, the Whataburger was good. And that drive in the desert? That was magic. Maybe El Paso has something to offer after all. Just maybe. But next time? Maybe a hotel with a window that opens. And real coffee. And, you know, fewer coughing neighbors.

(Further rambling): I should really write a novel about this experience. "The Extended Stay Blues." Or maybe just a very long Yelp review? I'm going to need a therapist

Escape to Paradise: Beirut's Bella Riva Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Escape to El Paso: Your Home Away From Home at Hawthorn Suites! - Maybe? (An FAQ from Someone Who's Been There)

Alright, so you're thinking about Hawthorn Suites in El Paso, huh? Good for you! Or maybe not. Depends. Let's cut the fluff. I'm here to give you the real deal. I've been there. I've *escaped* (more like, *existed*) in those rooms. So, buckle up. This isn't your average, perfectly polished travel brochure.

General Questions

1. Is Hawthorn Suites *actually* a "home away from home"?

Honestly, the marketing team at Hawthorn Suites deserves a raise for that line. "Home away from home"... It's… aspirational. Look, it's more like a *temporary apartment* from home. Think of it like borrowing a relatively clean college dorm room from your aunt for a week, and your aunt *really* enjoys themed decor.

I did my first time there, I was so thrilled, it was a good day. Then, I accidentally slammed the door on my finger. So much for feeling at home. It's… well, it *could* feel like that. Again, it depends on your standards and what you're running from in the first place. A leaky tent? Then yeah, it's a palace. Homeless? Then you're in heaven. Otherwise... it just depends.

2. What kind of rooms are available?

They have suites, obviously. Like, *actually* suites. Often. You've got your living area, a separate bedroom, and a little kitchenette thingy. The kitchenette, that's where things can get… *interesting*. Think microwave (probably works), mini-fridge (probably works), and a sink (hopefully works). Don't expect to whip up gourmet meals. I tried once. It didn't work. I think I just ate cereal for a week.

The other great thing: that separate bedroom. Sweet sweet privacy. Unless, of course, you're travelling with your partner, in which case... you were screwed either way.

Oh! And the *decor*! Let me tell you about the decor. Embrace the Southwest spirit. It's like a love letter to turquoise and vaguely Native American-inspired patterns. Some rooms are newer than others. I've seen some… relics. It's a roll of the dice. Don't expect the Ritz, but hey, it's El Paso.

3. Is the breakfast worth it?

Ah, the breakfast. A key indicator of your overall experience. It *usually* has the staples: eggs, waffles (self-serve, so good luck!), some sad-looking fruit, and lukewarm coffee. The quality... varies. Expect the eggs to be rubbery, the waffles to possibly require a engineering degree to operate the waffle maker, and the fruit to be the same fruit that your grandmother ate in the 1970s. But...it's *free*. If you're a breakfast snob, pack some instant oatmeal. Otherwise, embrace the chaos. Embrace the cheap carbs. That's my motto now.

The best part of the breakfast IS the people. And I'm not sure why but there's always a group of older gentleman doing the crossword and talking about war movies. One of the best parts of my morning, hands down.

Specific Issues & Annoyances

4. What about the Wi-Fi? Is it reliable?

Ugh. This is the *biggest* gamble. The Wi-Fi can be… fickle. Sometimes it's blazing fast! Sometimes it's dial-up in a bad 90s movie. I'd recommend downloading anything important *before* you get there. Especially if you're planning on streaming anything. My ex-wife had to restart the router *three times* during that one trip where we were trying to watch Lord of the Rings. That's always fun. She was thrilled.

5. Are there any hidden fees?

Standard disclaimer: always double-check! But generally, Hawthorn Suites *tries* not to be sneaky. The prices are usually up-front. But read the fine print! Be wary of any extra charges for parking. And the mini fridge, that's a gamble. The fridge isn't always the greatest.

The only "hidden" fees I've ever encountered were emotional ones because I just really missed my cat sometimes.

6. Is it noisy?

Noise levels depend on your room location, the surrounding environment, and the type of people are guests. If you're facing the street, expect some traffic noise. Rooms near the pool might hear some poolside shenanigans. If you're in a ground-floor room... well, hope you like stomping feet. Look, it's an El Paso hotel. It's not exactly a silent retreat. My advice: pack earplugs. Always pack earplugs. I learned the hard way.

I remember one time, I was trying to sleep and the people next door were having a *party*. Not a little gathering. A *party*. With music. And karaoke (I think). And enthusiastic singing. I finally had to call the front desk. It was awful. Just... awful.

The Good, the Bad, and the (Mostly) Forgettable

7. What's good about Hawthorn Suites El Paso?

Okay, let's be fair. They *do* have some good points. The suites are spacious. The location is often convenient, depending on where you need to be in El Paso (double check that!). They usually had a pool so you can cool off after a hot day. The price is... usually right. (Sometimes. Shop around!). And some of the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful (bless their hearts!).

One time, the front desk guy, his name was Carlos, went above and beyond to help me find a reliable mechanic. I was stuck in El Paso for days with car trouble. Carlos... he was a lifesaver. Truly. He deserved a raise.

8. What's bad?

Okay, the downsides. Let's be real. The maintenance can be spotty. Things break. Things leak. The elevators are old-fashioned. The cleaning crew... well, let's just say the quality varies. I've seen rooms that sparkle, and rooms that make you question the very nature of existence. And sometimes, yes, you can get a whiff of something... *unpleasant*.

I had to change rooms twice! I donHotel Deals Search

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Hawthorn Extended Stay by Wyndham El Paso El Paso (TX) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to El Paso: Your Home Away From Home at Hawthorn Suites!"