
Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson's Atlantic City Getaway!
Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson's Atlantic City Getaway! - A Review (with a Side of Chaos)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson's Atlantic City Getaway! And let me tell you, it's been… an experience. I've tried to be all objective and polished, but honestly, after this trip, I'm feeling more "real world" than "hotel review." So, expect some tangents, some gushing, and maybe a little side-eye. Let's go!
First Impressions (and the Elevator's Revenge)
First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE. The hotel gets a solid… well, it tries. I'm not a wheelchair user, but the ramps and elevators seemed okay. BUT… the elevator situation. Oh, the elevator. There were moments I swear I could feel it judging me. The whole "waiting" game became an Olympic sport. Getting to my high-floor room felt like a quest. But hey, at least it had an elevator, right? The other accessibility features looked promising – facilities for disabled guests are listed, but definitely investigate if they’re perfect for you specifically.
Rooms and Amenities: The Good, The Quirky, and the “Did I Pack Enough Bathrobes?”
My room? Let's just say it was… functional. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Thank goodness. The ocean views were spectacular. Like, really spectacular. And the extra long bed! I sink into those beds like a marshmallow. Ah, the little things! The free Wi-Fi was a godsend, especially when trying to post my amazing sunsets on Instagram. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a must for me! I could even (and I did) use the internet access – wireless to stream my shows, and then get some work done with the internet access – LAN setup.
The bathroom? Clean. Towels fluffy-ish. But the shower… let’s just say it’s not a spa experience. They did provide bathrobes which I LOVE. I mean, who doesn’t want to wander around in a luxurious bathrobe feeling like royalty? Especially when you haven't even left your room. Additional Toilet and separate shower/bathtub were welcomed, but the toiletries… generic. Bring your own potions, friends.
And the mini bar… Well, let's be honest, I ate all the snacks within the hour, I have to admit. It was a long day of sight-seeing. The coffee/tea maker and complimentary tea were a lifesaver in the morning.
Things to Do (and My Near-Disaster in the Sauna)
Okay, so the "Escape to Paradise" part? That's where it gets really interesting. They have a fitness center, which I, uh, glanced at. Maybe tomorrow. There's a swimming pool [outdoor], which was packed with happy families. However, I was REALLY excited about the Spa/Sauna. I love a good sauna, ya know? A little "me time" to sweat out the stress, right? WRONG. I forgot my water bottle and I about passed out. I’m not sure why I didn’t bring water! Luckily, I remembered I could cool off in the Swimming pool!
There's a massage, which is tempting. I did not try. I heard the body wrap feels great afterwards. Maybe next time. I should be more adventurous!
Food, Glorious Food (and My Quest for the Perfect Breakfast)
The dining options were plentiful, but a bit… inconsistent. The breakfast [buffet] was standard hotel fare, but I was REALLY into it, and went back for seconds. They had Western breakfast, which I adore. I'm a basic breakfast girl, what can I say? The coffee shop was a great place to pick up some caffeine. The Poolside bar was very nice. It's hard to beat a cocktail by the water, you know?
I had a late night snack at their snack bar, which was pretty standard. If you like soup, they have soup in restaurant. They also had desserts in restaurant. I liked the happy hour as well. I did not try the Asian cuisine in the restaurant, but there was an Asian breakfast option. The Vegetarian restaurant option, was great!
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe (and Maybe a Little Too Safe)
The anti-viral cleaning products made me feel safe. The daily disinfection in common areas was definitely appreciated. The professional-grade sanitizing services gave me a sense of security. All staff were trained in safety protocol. I liked that. The whole place definitely felt clean, which is crucial these days.
Services and Conveniences: Mostly Convenient (Except Maybe the Dry Cleaning)
They have the basics: concierge, daily housekeeping, laundry service, luggage storage, etc. The dry cleaning service? I didn't use it, but I hope it’s better than the elevator. The currency exchange was handy.
For the Kids (and the Kid in All of Us)
I didn't have any kids with me, but the babysitting service is a nice touch. They had family/child friendly options and some kids facilities, but didn’t see any kids meals. They have a gift/souvenir shop, which is a great place to pick up something for the kids when they visit.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Mostly)
They offer airport transfer and car park [free of charge]. The taxi service was reliable. I didn’t see any car power charging stations, which would have been nice.
The Verdict (Finally!)
Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson's Atlantic City Getaway! is a decent hotel. It's not perfect. It's got its quirks. But it works. The view alone makes it worth it. And yeah, I would go back. Now, excuse me while I go book my next trip.
Here's My Stream-of-Consciousness Summary:
- Pros: Spectacular ocean views, free Wi-Fi, plenty of activities, generally clean and safe, nice staff.
- Cons: The elevator, inconsistent food, generic toiletries.
- Overall: A perfectly reasonable hotel that provides a good experience.
- My Quirky Ranking: 7.8 out of 10 (would go back, but would pack my own shampoo).
SEO-Friendly Offering (Because I'm Trying to Sell You Something):
Tired of the Same Old Getaway? Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson's Atlantic City Getaway! Offers Unforgettable Experiences and Comfort!
Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson's Atlantic City Getaway! and experience:
- Breathtaking Ocean Views: Wake up to stunning sunrises and unwind in paradise.
- Ultimate Relaxation: Enjoy a fully-equipped spa, including a relaxing body wrap, massage, and Sauna!
- Convenient Amenities: High-speed free Wi-Fi in all rooms, delicious dining options for every taste, and an outdoor pool with water views.
- Safe & Secure: Your safety is our priority! We offer professional-grade sanitizing services, anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection.
- Family-Friendly Fun: Babysitting service, and plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained.
- Accessibility: Facilities for disabled guests.
- Unbeatable Value: Explore amazing attractions while keeping within budget.
Don't wait! Book your escape today and create memories that will last a lifetime. Click here to secure your spot and let the adventures begin!
P.S. Don't forget to bring your own shampoo! Trust me on this one.
Escape to Paradise: Adults-Only Hotel Mas Rabiol in Spain's Costa Brava
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Atlantic City, baby, and we're gonna do it right. By "right" I mean… survive. Actually enjoy it. Maybe even… gasp… have fun. And it's all starting at the ol' Howard Johnson, bless its slightly-worn-carpeted heart.
The Atlantic City Survival Guide (and Potential Triumph): Based at Howard Johnson by Wyndham!
Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of the Buffet
1:00 PM: Arrive at Howard Johnson. God, the anticipation! I'd booked this place mostly for the price (you can't swing a dead cat in AC without hitting a fancy hotel), and that vintage-y neon sign outside? Promised a certain… charm. Let's see if "charm" translates to "clean." Pray for no bedbugs, people!
1:30 PM - 2:00 PM: Check-in. Pray again. Hopefully, the lady at the front desk isn't still recovering from a three-day bender. The elevator better work; my suitcase weighs more than I do.
2:15 PM: Room reveal! (crosses fingers). Okay, it's… functional. The view of the parking lot is, well, a view of the parking lot. I've seen worse. The air conditioner is loud enough to compete with a jet engine, but hey, at least it works. Victory!
- Anecdote alert: Last time I stayed in a budget hotel, I found a half-eaten slice of pizza under the bed. This time, I'm armed with Lysol wipes and an open mind. And maybe pizza… for dinner.
3:00 PM: The Buffet Odyssey Begins! The Howard Johnson website promised (and I use that word loosely) a breakfast buffet. I'm STARVING. Prepare for a battle with the early bird buffet.
- 3:30 PM: The battleground: The Howard Johnson buffet. I survey the scene with the hunger of a thousand suns. Scrambled eggs that look… questionable. Some sort of sausage. A mountain of what might be pancakes. My stomach growls.
- 3:45 PM: Okay, took the plunge. The eggs taste like something, and I'm alive. Pancakes: dry. Sausage: surprisingly okay. Coffee: lukewarm, but functional. I am starting to feel a little less like a husk of a human.
- 4:00 PM: Regret. A wave of existential dread washes over my soul. Is this what life has become? Eating questionable breakfast food in a questionable hotel in… well, don’t think about it. Focus on the task at hand: find a decent casino.
4:30 PM: Head out to the Boardwalk. I'm just gonna take it all in…the smell of the ocean and the people.
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Boardwalk stroll. Ooh, the sights! The sounds! The smells! (Mostly fried food, but hey, embrace it.) The people-watching is top-notch. Observe seasoned locals, tourists fresh off the bus, and a surprising number of seagulls with a serious attitude problem.
- Quirky Observation: Did you know that a seagull can steal a french fry from your mouth faster than you can say "hold on a sec?" I almost lost a whole order to a particularly brazen bird.
6:30 PM: Dinner at a Boardwalk Diner. Okay, the food is greasy, the service is slow, and I'm pretty sure the ketchup bottle hasn't been washed since the Reagan administration. But the view of the ocean is amazing, and I can sit and people watch.
8:00 PM: Casino time! Time to lose some money, then make some money, then lose more money… It's the Atlantic City way. Pick a game, any game. My choice? Whatever feels the least intimidating at this point.
10:00 PM: Back at the Howard Johnson. Exhausted, slightly poorer, probably a little bit tipsy. Bedtime.
Day 2: Beach, and the High Roller Heartbreak
- 9:00 AM: Wake up. The air conditioner is still roaring. My head hurts. Coffee, stat!
- 9:30 AM: The buffet – again. The food seems to have morphed even further… My expectations are lowered. I just have to make it through.
- 10:30 AM: Beach time! Okay, the sand is a little less pristine than the pictures, and the water is probably freezing, but hey, it's the ocean. I lay on the sand.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Found a little place on the boardwalk. Got a slice of pizza. It's glorious.
- 2:00 PM: I'm gonna try to do something exciting.
- 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM: High Roller! Okay, I may have, maybe considered becoming a high roller… I am feeling confident. I'm down some, then up some, then… well, let's just say I learned the hard way that "high roller" is often synonymous with "rapidly emptying wallet." Emotional range: anger, denial, then the cold, hard acceptance of financial defeat.
- Rambling Alert: Was it worth it? Probably not. But the thrill of the game, the lights, the buzz… It was a moment. A financially irresponsible, slightly depressing moment. But a moment nonetheless.
- 4:30 PM: Emotional eating. Okay, I walk to a boardwalk. I eat an entire funnel cake. Don't judge me.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. I have no cash so it's room service.
- 8:00 PM: Back to the casino. This time, I'm going to be smart.
- 10:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Defeated. Time to go to sleep and go home.
Day 3: Departure and the Bitter-Sweet Farewell
- 9:00 AM: Last buffet experience. The food seems to have aged overnight, but I'm strangely resistant.
- 10:00 AM: Check-out. Give a sympathetic glance to the front desk lady. We’ve both been through a lot.
- 11:00 AM: Final boardwalk stroll. Breathe in the AC air. The smells. The sights. It's all over.
- 12:00 PM: Leave Atlantic City. This trip was rough, but at least I can say I went. I'll probably need a therapy session.
- 2:00 PM: Back home. I throw my suitcase on the floor and vow to never gamble again. Until the next trip.
- Emotional Reaction: Part of me is incredibly relieved to be back. But a tiny, slightly battered piece of my heart – the part that loves the chaos and the sparkle of the Boardwalk – is already missing it.
So there you have it. My slightly dysfunctional, often chaotic, and hopefully entertaining trip to Atlantic City. Remember, embrace the mess, the absurdity, and the occasional questionable meal. Because that, my friends, is the true spirit of Atlantic City. And the Howard Johnson. Now go forth, and may your roulette spins be lucky (but not too lucky).
Escape to Tuscany: Unforgettable Agriturismo Stay at Le Rondini!
Escape to Paradise? Howard Johnson's Atlantic City… Let's Talk.
Okay, spill the tea. Seriously. Is Howard Johnson's in Atlantic City REALLY a "getaway"? Or is it… let's just say, *less* than paradise?
Alright, let's talk rooms. What's the vibe? Are we talking clean and crisp or… slightly reminiscent of a forgotten 1980s disco?
The Pool. Because honestly, it's a deal breaker. What's the pool situation like? Does it resemble a sparkling oasis, or a slightly suspicious puddle?
The Food. Let's talk food. Is there a restaurant? Or are you condemned to a life of vending machine snacks and lukewarm coffee?
The Location. How *close* is it to the *actual* Atlantic City action? Because, let's be honest, that's the whole point, right?
Is it *actually* worth it? Would you go back? The big question!
Specific Experience: The Bingo! Spill the tea!


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson's Atlantic City Getaway!"