Spokane's Hidden Gem: Hotel Ruby's Unforgettable Stay Awaits!

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United States

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United States

Spokane's Hidden Gem: Hotel Ruby's Unforgettable Stay Awaits!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans on Spokane's "Hidden Gem," Hotel Ruby, and trust me, it's less "hidden" and more "loudly fabulous" once you step inside. This ain't your grandma's hotel, folks. This is a place that understands you, the weary traveler, the weekend warrior, the someone-who-just-needs-a-damn-break-er.

Let's get down to brass tacks, shall we? This isn’t a meticulously crafted, sterile hotel review; it's more like a late-night conversation with your best friend after a few too many margaritas.

The Good, The Okay, and The "Hmm…": The Hotel Ruby Review

Accessibility: (Mostly) A+ for Effort!

They claim to be wheelchair accessible, which is a major plus. I didn't personally roll up in a chair, mind you; but I did see ramps, elevators (important!), and the general vibe seemed pretty accommodating. However, a heads-up: I'd definitely call ahead and confirm specific room details if accessibility is a must-have. Gotta be sure, yeah?

On-site Dining – Feed Me, Seymour!

Listen, I love a good hotel restaurant. And Hotel Ruby? Well, it's got a few tricks up its sleeve. There are restaurants (plural!), a bar(yep, a bonus point right there) and even a poolside bar. Let’s talk about the food. They’ve got a breakfast buffet, a Western breakfast, and options like Asian breakfast and Asian cuisine, all of which were seriously tempting. I, being a simple (and slightly hungover) soul, went for the Western. Solid. Really solid. Coffee? Flowing. Bacon? Crispy! Pancakes? Fluffy! Couldn’t ask for more. Oh, and they’ve got a coffee shop too. Caffeine, check! Desserts…oh, the desserts! I saw some seriously tempting stuff. But I’m getting ahead of myself, back to the food itself, I heard good things from happy hour crowd in the bar.

They offered room service, which is a godsend after a long day. And they have all the usual suspects: a la carte plates, salads, soups, and even a vegetarian restaurant. So whatever you're craving, you're pretty much covered. I only ordered the bottle of water, but the menu looked tantalizing.

Cleanliness and Safety: They've Got You Covered (Kinda)

Okay, so this is the area where I got a little… cautiously impressed. They’re REALLY on top of the cleanliness game. They have anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and staff trained in safety protocol. I saw a lot of sanitizing happening. The rooms sanitized between stays and a lot of individually-wrapped food options. Felt comforting in these… times, you know? They also have hand sanitizer readily available which is nice.

Now, it’s not perfect. I didn't see any sterilizing equipment or a doctor/nurse on call but I’d guess they have a good relationship with a local clinic or something. And here’s a tiny gripe: while room sanitization opt-out available is offered, I just wish it was mandatory (just my personal germaphobe tendencies talking!).

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

This is where Hotel Ruby really shines. They have everything. And I mean everything. Want a concierge? They've got it. Need dry cleaning? No problem. They have luggage storage, a convenience store, a gift/souvenir shop, and even gasp cash withdrawal. No worries about a car park [free of charge]. They also do daily housekeeping and laundry service. I even saw a dude with a doorman, a rarity these days!

They offer air conditioning in public area, a big win for when Spokane decides to melt. And there's CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property for extra peace of mind.

Rooms: My Sanctuary (or at least, a really comfortable crash pad)

Okay, the Rooms! This is where Hotel Ruby goes from "pretty good" to "hell yeah." I had a non-smoking room (phew!) that felt like a little self-contained oasis. It was equipped with an air conditioning, an alarm clock, a bathrobes, a bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, desk, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, a laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, a mirror, a private bathroom, a reading light, a refrigerator, a satellite/cable channels, a seating area, a separate shower/bathtub, a shower, a slippers, a smoke detector, a socket near the bed, a sofa, soundproofing, a telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and a window that opens. Like, seriously, they thought of everything. The bed was like sinking into a cloud of happiness. I mean, I slept in it. And I'm a light sleeper.

The extra long bed was a lifesaver. I need that legroom, you know? The free bottled water was a nice touch. And the blackout curtains were essential for sleeping in after a night of… well, let's just say "researching" the local cocktail scene.

Things to Do / Ways to Relax (or, my excuse to do absolutely nothing)

Okay, so if you're the type who likes to, you know, actually do things, Hotel Ruby has you covered. There's a fitness center (for those of you who enjoy punishment), a spa/sauna, and a swimming pool [outdoor]. I didn't personally hit the steam room, but the pool looked amazing. It had a pool with view and I imagine it provides great views and has a poolside bar. However, you know what I did? Absolutely nothing. And it was glorious. I mean, that’s what a hotel is for, right? To chill, relax, and get away from it all? Well, with this hotel, you have the best of both worlds.

For the Kids/Family-Friendly…ish

They advertise family/child friendly but no real specifics. I didn't see a playground or anything, but maybe I missed it? They do offer a babysitting service.

Getting Around

Spokane isn't a huge city, but if you're not driving, the airport transfer is a major convenience. They offer taxi service. They even have car park [on-site] which is a huge win!

Internet: Gotta Stay Connected (Unfortunately)

They offer free Wi-Fi (thank the heavens!), and it worked great in my room. The Internet access – wireless was speedy and reliable. They also have internet access – LAN in the rooms, so that’s an option as well.

Final Verdict: Book It, Already!

Look, Hotel Ruby isn’t perfect. But it's got a certain… je ne sais quoi. It’s stylish, it’s comfortable, and it’s got a staff that genuinely seems to care about your experience. It’s the kind of place where you can actually relax and recharge. It’s the kind of place I'd happily go back to again.

Now, for the BIG PITCH!

Craving a Spokane Getaway? Unplug and Unwind at Hotel Ruby!

Are you tired of cookie-cutter hotels, sterile experiences, and the general blah-ness of travel? Then escape to Spokane's Hotel Ruby, a vibrant and stylish oasis that's ready to wow you.

Here’s the deal:

  • Unforgettable Comfort: Sink into our cloud-like beds, unwind in our sleek and modern rooms, and let the city's worries melt away.
  • Fuel Your Adventures (or Your Laziness): Start your day with a hearty breakfast. From our Asian breakfast to a delicious Western breakfast, we've got your cravings covered. Then, hit our Poolside bar and restaurants.
  • Relaxation Redefined: Pamper yourself with a dip in the Outdoor pool or simply chill and forget about the world.
  • Stay Connected (or Disconnect in Style): Enjoy free Wi-Fi and easy access to all the Spokane adventures.
  • Super Safe & Clean: We go above and beyond to ensure your safety and comfort. Anti-viral cleaning products are used. You can rest assured that all our rooms get sanitized between stays.

**But Wait

Sorrabona Coastline: Your Dream Apartment Awaits (Costa Brava & Maresme)!

Book Now

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United States

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is my proposed assault on Hotel Ruby Spokane, and it's gonna be… well, it's gonna be something. Let's see if I can even get through this without craving a nap and a stiff drink (and by this point, it'll probably be both).

Hotel Ruby Spokane: The Attempted Conquest (…and Possible Breakdown)

Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Questionable Life Choices

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Spokane International Airport, looking simultaneously like a lost puppy and someone who’s seen some things (mostly, the inside of a too-small airline seat for way too long). The flight? Let's just say the guy in front of me spent the entire duration aggressively reclined, and I'm pretty sure he was snoring a song of pure, unadulterated nasal defiance. The thought of finding a decent place to eat after that torture is a struggle. Uber to Hotel Ruby. Pray it's not as cramped as budget airline hell.
  • 1:30 PM: Check into Hotel Ruby. Oh sweet, sweet minimalist design. This place better not be trying too hard to be "cool." I'm already exhausted. Room: Hopefully, it's clean. Really hope it's clean. Breathe deep, ignore the pre-trip jitters, the ones that scream "YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!" Maybe I did; maybe I didn't. That's the journey, right?
  • 2:00 PM: (Assuming the room is habitable) Unpack. Or, more realistically, shove everything into the general vicinity of a closet. Let's be real, I never fully unpack on trips. The suitcase is a magical portal to home, I guess.
  • 2:30 PM: Reconnaissance mission: A quick stroll around the hotel. Scope out the vibes. Is there a decent coffee machine? (This is crucial.) Does the lobby have that weird smell of "slightly stale but trying to be hip"? More importanly, where's the bar?
  • 3:00 PM: Deep breaths. Focuses. This is the planning stage. Research: The Ruby's proximity to Stuff. Like, what's actually WORTH seeing around here?! I'm so bad at this. I'll probably scroll through Yelp for an hour, get overwhelmed, and end up eating a gas station hot dog out of sheer indecision.
  • 4:00 PM: Okay, trying again. First stop: the hotel's suggested list. Oh, there's a "hip" coffee shop nearby. Great. Maybe I'll take a shot, maybe I won't. This is all really starting to hit me now.
  • 5:00 PM: Food… that eternal question. The pre-trip research didn't happen. Impulse decision time! Maybe that trendy bistro with the exposed brick? Or, just maybe, the dive bar with the questionable reputation and the jukebox playing only 80s hair metal? (I'm leaning towards the latter. There's comfort in the familiar, right?)
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner and people-watching. Hopefully, the chosen establishment is not a complete dumpster fire. Observe the local population. Try not to judge. Fail miserably. Try to be charming!
  • 7:30 PM: Back to the hotel. Journaling/Self-loathing time, whichever wins out. Maybe I’ll write a haiku about the floral arrangement in the lobby. (It's going to be a disaster, I can feel it.)
  • 8:30 PM: Decide if I'm going to brave the bar or curl up in bed with a book that I'll probably only read three pages of before deciding to call it a night.
  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime. Or, if feeling particularly rebellious, watch something on the hotel TV and then feel guilty about not being productive.

Day 2: The Great Outdoors (Maybe), and Questionable Cultural Exploration

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Curse the sunlight. Immediately check for coffee situation.
  • 8:30 AM: Coffee. If the hotel coffee sucks, I'm walking to that aforementioned "hip" place, even if it means enduring the judgmental glares of the barista.
  • 9:00 AM: Attempt to be a responsible tourist. Research: what's around here.
  • 9:30 AM: The outdoors! Okay, look, I'm not a "nature person," but I do like a good scenic view. Riverfront Park sounds promising. Pack a snack. (Probably chips. No, definitely chips.)
  • 10:00 AM: Actually Leave the Hotel. Miracle. Riverfront Park! Maybe I'll actually wear the comfortable shoes I swore I'd pack but didn't.
  • 10:30 AM-12:00 PM: Park shenanigans. Wander. Take pictures. Feel vaguely guilty about not being a more enthusiastic hiker. Maybe ride the Looff Carousel (if it's open – the history of carousels is fascinating, you know).
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Time to find some food. Is there a farmer's market? Or should I eat something with fries?
  • 1:00 PM: Culture time! The Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture. Okay, I'll try. I promise to try. But if there's a lot of modern art with incomprehensible titles, I may bail. Maybe I'll start a competition to see who can find the absolute weirdest exhibit.
  • 3:00 PM: Break time! Coffee. Snacks. People-watching. Maybe a little retail therapy.
  • 4:00 PM: Take a break and go back to the Ruby.
  • 5:00 PM: Pre-dinner cocktail at the Ruby? (Definitely. It'd be rude not to.)
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. This time, I have to try something new. Screw it, I'm going for the weirdest-sounding thing on the menu.
  • 7:30 PM: Back to the hotel. Maybe another journal entry? Perhaps a scathing review of the floral arrangement.
  • 8:00 PM: Bar time. Possibly meet interesting people. Probably mostly talk to myself. Either way, cocktails are a must!
  • 9:00/10:00 PM: Bed. The cycle continues. Hope for a good night's sleep.

Day 3: Departure and Existential Dread

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Realize I probably missed half the stuff I wanted to do. Feel vaguely disappointed in myself.
  • 8:30 AM: Last-minute coffee. One last attempt to appreciate the minimalist decor.
  • 9:00 AM: Pack. This time, I'm actually packing.
  • 9:30 AM: Final check-out. Pray the bill isn't horrific.
  • 10:00 AM: One last stroll around the area to soak up (some) atmosphere. Get that last-minute souvenir that I’ll regret buying.
  • 11:00 AM: Uber to the airport. Mentally prepare for the return flight torture.
  • 12:00 PM: Arrive at the airport. Go through security. Buy a magazine I'll never read.
  • 1:00 PM: Boarding time. Reflect on the trip. Wonder if I'll ever be a real traveler, or just a perpetual tourist who eats gas station hot dogs out of indecision. Probably the latter.
  • 2:00 PM onward: Flight home. The End. Or, at least, the beginning of planning the next trip to (maybe) do things better. (Spoiler alert: Probably not.)

This is a mess, I know. But, hey, at least it's honest. And, if I survive this trip without a complete mental breakdown and an excessive amount of carbs, I'll consider it a win. Wish me luck. I'll need every ounce of it.

Asheville Airport's Hidden Gem: Wingate by Wyndham Fletcher Review (Unbelievable!)

Book Now

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United States

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United StatesAlright, here's the scoop on Hotel Ruby, Spokane's "Hidden Gem" as, supposedly, advertised. Buckle up, because this isn't your grandma's polished brochure. I'm going to spill the beans, quirks and all.

Is Hotel Ruby *really* a hidden gem? Don't they all say that?

Okay, okay, I know, "hidden gem" is a cliché. Every hotel slaps that label on themselves. But honestly? Hotel Ruby actually *kind of* earns it. It's not perfectly polished, which, for me, is a HUGE plus. It's got this... *vibe*. Like, a slightly-worn leather jacket that still fits just right. And compared to the cookie-cutter chain motels, it's miles ahead. You know they're real when the hallways aren't lit like a sterile surgery room.

What's the *vibe* like, exactly? Because "vibe" means a thousand things.

Picture this: moody lighting, exposed brick, maybe a mismatched vintage armchair in the corner (that might be *slightly* uncomfortable, but totally instagrammable). Think reclaimed wood, industrial accents, and art that *actually* looks like someone put some thought into it, not just something from a big box store. It's definitely got that boutique hotel feel, but without the insane price tag. Like, you could actually *live* there, you know? Not in a creepy "I'm gonna hide in the closet" kind of way, but in a "this is a cool place to chill out and read a book" kind of way. Plus, they have those amazing communal spaces too, the perfect place to meet people or just stare out the window and question your whole existence.

The rooms…are they actually nice? I've been burned before.

Okay, the rooms. Look, I'm a stickler for a clean bed. And Hotel Ruby *delivers*. The rooms are generally pretty spacious, which is a serious win. The decor is consistent with the overall aesthetic - think more exposed brick, maybe a cool mural, and definitely not your standard beige walls. Some rooms have balconies. The bathrooms are modern but a bit small, I'll admit. My sink wasn't the cleanest, but It wasn’t a dealbreaker. It's not the Ritz, obviously, but it's comfortable, stylish, and definitely better than most places in the area.

Let’s talk location. Is it actually near anything cool? Because I'm tired of staying in the middle of nowhere.

The location is pretty great. Walking distance to some decent restaurants, and a quick Uber ride to pretty much everything else. It's smack-dab in the middle of downtown, so you can walk around and get a real feel for Spokane, which is fun. You can experience a little 'adventure' just by stepping outside. I went for a walk around and I found some interesting shops, and ended up spending ages people-watching in a park (which is free entertainment).

Breakfast? Is it free? Is it good? I need the details.

Breakfast. Ah, breakfast. It ain't free, but they offer a continental offering, and it's honestly... adequate. Think bagels (pre-sliced, sadly), fruit that's not rock-hard, and decent coffee. Nothing to write home about, but it'll get you going. There are loads of places nearby for a more substantial meal. But honestly, I'm a sucker for good coffee. I like being able to wake up and just go down to the cafe. I spent a whole weekend just hanging out there!

What about the staff? Are they actually *friendly*? Or just the fake-friendly corporate type?

The staff are actually *really* nice. Like, genuinely nice. No forced smiles, no robotic greetings. They seem to actually *care* about your experience. One time, I spilled coffee (oops!) *all* over the lobby, and instead of getting annoyed (which I totally deserved), the guy just laughed and helped me clean it up. And he actually made me another cup of coffee! That's the kind of service that makes a difference. They all seem so chill, it's kinda infectious. The friendly people really do make the experience more enjoyable than it could be otherwise.

Okay, so you're clearly a fan. Anything you *didn't* like? Spill the tea.

Okay, so, honesty time. The soundproofing isn't perfect. You *will* hear some street noise, especially if you're on a lower floor or facing the road. It's not the worst, but if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. Also, the lighting in the rooms, while stylish, can sometimes be a bit...dim. Like, a little too romantic for getting ready in the morning. Oh, and...the parking situation. It's street parking, and it can be tricky to find a spot, especially if you arrive late. But even all that aside, The pros really outweigh the cons.

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Absolutely. Without a doubt. I'm already planning my next trip. I love trying new places, but Hotel Ruby is that place where I feel like I can relax.. It's the perfect mix of cool, comfortable, and convenient, it really is a hidden gem. If you're looking for a unique, stylish, and reasonably priced hotel experience in Spokane, look no further. Seriously. Go. Stay there. You won't be disappointed. Unless you're obsessed with absolute silence and pristine perfection. Then maybe you should look elsewhere. But for me? It’s perfect.
Around The World Hotels

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United States

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United States

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United States

Hotel Ruby Spokane (WA) United States

Post a Comment for "Spokane's Hidden Gem: Hotel Ruby's Unforgettable Stay Awaits!"