Thompson, Manitoba's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn & Suites!

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Thompson, Manitoba's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn & Suites!

Thompson's BEST Kept Secret (and Maybe Not So Secret Anymore!): My Days Inn & Suites Confessions (Seriously, It's Good)

Okay, folks, let's be real. Thompson, Manitoba. It's… well, it's Thompson. You're probably not planning a romantic getaway to the "Nickel City" unless, like me, you've got a reason. Maybe work, maybe visiting a relative who really likes the vast, flat beauty of the Canadian Shield. Whatever the reason, you need a place to crash. And lemme tell you, after years of navigating Northern Manitoba, I've got a hot tip: Days Inn & Suites in Thompson is surprisingly, genuinely good. It’s, well, it’s the BEST Kept Secret in Thompson in my book.

Accessibility & The Awkward Dance of Needs (aka, it's actually good!) Let's start with the important stuff. I’ve seen some interesting hotel "accessibility" in the North. Thankfully, this Days Inn gets it. While I don't personally use a wheelchair, this one actually seems to have proper ramps, elevators, and accessible rooms. Plus, they seem to have thought about it, putting the accessible rooms in good locations, not just the weird, dark corners you often get (the irony!).

They also seem to have a good attitude towards facilities for disabled guests, which is half the battle, right? If you need it, give them a call to confirm the full extent of their services, but from what I saw, they seem to take it seriously.

Cleanliness & Safety - Because, You Know, We All Want To Survive (Again, Actually Good!) Listen, after the pandemic, "clean" isn't just a nice-to-have; it's a must-have. Days Inn Thompson gets it. They're screaming "CLEAN!" from the rooftops (or at least, subtly advertising it on little signs). I saw the telltale signs of anti-viral cleaning products and daily disinfection in common areas. They even offer room sanitization opt-out? Now that’s a bold choice! Maybe a bit too bold for me, but hey, options are good.

They seem to be on top of hygiene certification and have all the hand sanitizer stations you could possibly need. Again, I’m a little paranoid, but I felt safe. And that’s saying something.

The Room: Your Cozy Oasis (With Some Minor Quirks, Because Life is Messy) The rooms! Okay, they're not the Four Seasons, but they're clean, comfortable, and have everything you need. Big check on the Free Wi-Fi! Seriously, folks, in the North, reliable internet is a lifeline. I NEED IT. And it worked! Also they had internet access – [LAN] which I didn't test, but hey, options.

They got a desk to work at, which, let's face it, is crucial when you're traveling for work. A comfy bed, and even a mini-fridge for your, uh, necessities (don't judge me, I like to keep my water cold!). I even got some pretty awesome complimentary tea – the little things matter!

I gotta admit, I’m a sucker for Blackout curtains. They’re my favorite. After a long day of… you know, being in Thompson… they do the trick.

However, and this is where it gets real, there’s a slight quirk. The bathrooms can sometimes feel like you’re stepping into a portal to the 90s. Think… a bit dated. But clean, and that's the key! The shower had good water pressure (a Northern Manitoba rarity!), and I'm not gonna complain about the provided toiletries. Okay, maybe I’ll complain a little. They weren't fancy, but they did the job.

Food & Drink: Fueling Your Thompson Adventures (Some Wins, Some Misses, But Overall… Good) Listen, you're not going to Thompson for a Michelin-star dining experience. That being said, Days Inn & Suites in Thompson has a restaurant on site. They offer a breakfast buffet, which is convenient! I’m a buffet enthusiast, and it was… well, it was a buffet! Standard fare, but gets the job done. They do provide a la carte in restaurant, for those who don't like buffets, which is a plus.

They also had a coffee shop, which is a godsend because, you know, coffee. And a bar! Happy hour. You get the picture. The food isn't gourmet, but it's edible and, frankly, sometimes even tasty. They have international and western cuisine options. Also vegetarian options are available, which is a big plus for me.

For the Kids (If You're Brave Enough to Bring Them to Thompson): They're family/child friendly, it’s a good option to bring them, there’s kids meals available, and babysitting service. I did not use this, but it’s good to know.

Amenities & Extras: The Little Things That Matter (And Sometimes Don't) Okay, here's where it gets interesting. They've got a fitness center (though I’m not sure how much I trust a hotel gym. I might have had more faith in my own body.), a steamroom, and a swimming pool (outdoor!). The reviews on the pool view were… mixed. The sauna is there, and the spa/sauna is a good combo. If you’re feeling fancy, they claim spa services.

Also they have a gift/souvenir shop, which is a nice touch, and a convenience store.

However, one thing I would be weary of… they claim to have a pool with a view, but I didn’t see it, and I didn’t find it, and the reviews are mixed at best. . The Real Deal:

  • What really pushed Days Inn & Suites to the top of my list? Their incredible customer service – they were incredibly welcoming and helpful, and that made my stay worth every penny.

Getting Around: Free on-site car park – big win. Valet parking – a luxury I don't need, but ok! Airport transfer – another plus.

The Bottom Line: Thompson, Manitoba, can be tough. The Days Inn & Suites is not perfect. The decor is dated in spots. The food won’t win any awards. BUT, the important things – cleanliness, comfort, and service – are all on point.

The "Book It Now!" Pitch (Because You Need This, Seriously!)

Tired of the Thompson Blues?

Escape the Ordinary, Embrace the Comfort! Look, you're going to Thompson. You can choose between the… well, the other options. Or, you can choose the BEST Kept Secret, the Days Inn & Suites. Come here and enjoy a cleaner room, comfy beds, a good wifi connection.

Book TODAY, and get a special discount on your first night! Don't risk your sanity on a questionable hotel. Choose comfort. Choose the best. Choose Days Inn & Suites. Because in Thompson, a little bit of good goes a LONG way.

Click that button! You deserve it!

(P.S. Tell 'em "The Rambling Reviewer" sent you. They might give you an extra coffee. Maybe.)

Denver Downtown Escape: Days Inn's Unbeatable Deals!

Book Now

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… me trying to survive (and hopefully enjoy) a stay at the Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson, Manitoba, Canada. Let's see if this hotel and I can become friends.

DAY 1: Arrival & Initial Impressions (AKA: The Great Thompson Awakening)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival (Or, The Great Plains Greeter) - Arrived in Thompson. Woof. Seriously, the drive up felt like forever. I was convinced my GPS was messing with me. The hotel itself? Well, it is by Wyndham. So, expectations… neutral. The lobby smells faintly of chlorine and… ambition? I'm not sure. The front desk person was friendly, bless her heart. She seemed genuinely happy to see me, which, honestly, warmed my cynical little heart.
  • 1:30 PM: Room Inspection (The Hunt for the Perfect Pillow) - Okay, the room. It’s… fine. Clean enough. Not haunted (yet). Found a rogue hair on the bathroom floor. Mildly disturbing, but hey, free souvenir, right? The pillows are… aggressively fluffy. I might need to call in some serious pillow-wrangling skills.
  • 2:00 PM: Thompson Territory Exploration (or, A Questionable Walk) - Decided to brave a walk around Thompson. Big mistake. I got lost within three blocks. Turns out, everything looks the same. Plus, the windchill wasn't messing around. My face is numb. I'm starting to understand why everyone here seems to have serious winter gear.
  • 3:00 PM: Walmart Adventure (The Search for Essentials) - Had to hit up the only Walmart. This place is a microcosm of Canadian life. Found the world's largest bag of chips and the most aggressively patterned flannel shirts I’ve ever seen. Bought some hand sanitizer and a weird-looking, brightly colored frozen pizza. Survival mode activated.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to the Room to Warm Up - The wind almost killed me. So I am back to the room and doing some work.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner Disaster (The Frozen Pizza Saga) - Okay, so pizza. Never trust a frozen pizza from a town this far north. The crust was like concrete. The toppings tasted vaguely of despair. Ate half. Regret setting in. Will be ordering delivery tomorrow.
  • 7:30 PM: Television Therapy (Finding Comfort in the Canadian Wilderness) - Okay, my go-to. Television. So I spent two hours binging a show about the Canadian wilderness. At least the snow in there seemed more beautiful than the one at Thompson.
  • 9:00 PM: Sleep Preparations (The Battle of the Pillows) - The pillows won. I'm practically entombed in fluff. Praying to the sleep gods for a decent night's rest.

DAY 2: Local Flavors & Unexpected Encounters (Or, The Day I Almost Became a Moose Whisperer)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast (A Questionable Start) - The complimentary breakfast at the Days Inn. This is either going to be amazing or a major disappointment. It's a buffet, which always fills me with a mixture of hope and dread. They have waffles and they have eggs, so it's safe to say it's a win.
  • 9:00 AM: Thompson Adventures - Since the last time I tried an adventure, I didn't end up well. So instead, I will stay indoors and do some writing and play video games until I have to leave Thompson.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch (The Search for Edible Substances Continues) - Ordered delivery from a local diner. It arrived, and it was actually pretty good! A huge, greasy burger and fries. I felt my arteries slowly solidifying, but hey, at least it wasn't frozen pizza.
  • 1:00 PM: Room time - I will continue to work.
  • 3:00 PM: Goodbye to Thompson - I've survived. I made it. And I have a newfound respect for the people who actually live here.

Quirks, Ramblings, and Random Observations:

  • The hotel Wi-Fi is functional, sometimes. Mostly functional. I'm blaming the Canadian wilderness.
  • I think I saw a moose in a dream last night. Or maybe it was the pizza curdling in my stomach.
  • I'm pretty sure everyone in Thompson secretly knows something I don't. A secret about surviving blizzards, perhaps? Or maybe they are living off the land in a way I never imagined.
  • The people here are genuinely kind and helpful. Also, very bundled up. Fair play.
  • I'm going to miss the quiet. And the really, really clean air. And whatever happened to that rogue hair…

Emotional Reactions:

  • Initial Arrival: A mix of trepidation and low-level anxiety. Will I survive the cold? Will my mental sanity be intact?
  • During the Walk: Pure, unadulterated cold. Followed by a grudging respect for the resilience of the human spirit.
  • Frozen Pizza: Despair. Then, a grudging admiration for the pizza's structural integrity.
  • The People of Thompson: A warm, fuzzy feeling of appreciation.
  • Departure: A bittersweet symphony of relief and quiet respect. This place is a tough one, but I'm stronger for it.

In conclusion: The Days Inn & Suites in Thompson? It's a hotel. It's functional. It’s by Wyndham. It served its purpose. Did I love it? No. Did I hate it? Also, no. It was an experience. And that, my friends, is probably enough.

Altus's BEST Hotel? OYO N Main St Review! (You Won't Believe This!)

Book Now

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Days Inn & Suites Thompson: Your Guide to… Well, Something in the North! (FAQ - Kinda)

So, what *is* the Days Inn & Suites in Thompson, Manitoba, anyway? Like, actually?

Okay, let's be honest. Thompson's a bit of a… well, a "there." And the Days Inn? It's *in* the "there". It's essentially a hotel. It's got rooms. It’s got a pool (more on that later. Oh, the pool…). It's where you crash after a long drive, a long shift at the mine, or a very, *very* long flight. It’s survival of the fittest, hotel edition. Expect a mix of weary travellers, hard-hat heroes, and the occasional very, very excited birthday party.

Is it… clean? (And by clean, I mean, like, *really* clean?)

Okay, "clean" is a relative term, especially in the north. Let’s just say, my expectations were low – and sometimes, they were still surpassed. Look, the cleaning staff is, at times, heroic. I once saw a woman in full hazmat gear (kidding… mostly) wrestling a stain the size of Saskatchewan off a carpet. So, is it spotless? Probably not. But is it… lived in? Absolutely. Bring your own wipes. And maybe a hazmat suit. Kidding! (Again…sort of...)

What about the rooms? Are they… functional? Like, does the TV work?

The rooms are rooms. They have a bed, a TV (usually. Sometimes the cable gods are merciful. Sometimes they’re not. You might get static. You might get… well, more static.). They have a bathroom. The water is hot…ish. The lighting is… well, let's just say it's not exactly ambient. My advice? Lower your standards, and bring a good book (or a streaming service password). Expect to encounter the occasional dodgy plug, a mysterious stain (see the "clean" question), and the faint whiff of industrial cleaning fluid. It's all part of the charm.

The pool! Everyone talks about the pool! What's the deal with the pool?

Ah, yes, the pool. The legendary, the mythical, the…chlorine-y pool. Okay, let's be honest. It’s a pool. A hotel pool. It’s indoors. So, it's always...well, it's always *there*. The water temperature? Can vary wildly. Sometimes it’s like a warm bath. Sometimes, you feel your teeth chattering within minutes. The chlorine level? Let’s just say you'll know you've been swimming. (Bring goggles. Seriously. Goggles. And maybe a respirator). I spent a whole hour one time watching kids completely lose their minds playing in there. It's magical...in a very strange way. Be prepared for screaming children. Lots of them. And maybe some suspicious yellow stains on the pool deck. (No, I didn't touch them.)

What about the breakfast? Is it… edible?

Breakfast. Ah, the eternal hotel breakfast dilemma. The Days Inn? It *has* a breakfast. Think… continental. Think… the bare minimum. Think… pre-packaged everything. Think… waffles (sometimes! And the waffle maker? A battle of wills every morning). Honestly? It's fine. It's fuel. It gets you going. Don't expect gourmet. Do expect the same people, every morning, looking equally as tired as you. The coffee? Potentially lethal. I once saw a dude practically weep with joy when he discovered there was actual, fresh fruit (a lone, slightly bruised banana) at the buffet. It’s a breakfast of champions. Of… survivors.

Is there anything… *good* about the Days Inn?

Look, I'm not gonna lie. It's not the Ritz. But! There’s a weird, almost endearing quality to the Days Inn. It's… *real*. The people are… real. The staff, bless their patient hearts, are mostly lovely, and some are downright heroic. They've seen it all. They've dealt with it all. And they’re still smiling (or at least managing to look relatively composed) at 6 AM. Plus, it's in Thompson! And Thompson is… well, unique. The Days Inn becomes your base camp for exploring the north. The people you meet, the stories you hear, the sheer… raw… *ness* of Thompson? That’s what makes it special. And the Days Inn is right there at the heart of it. It’s *an experience*. A slightly-grimy, chlorine-scented, breakfast-of-questionable-origin experience. But an experience nonetheless. I'll never forget the time... well, that's a story for another day. Let's just say I learned a lot about the human spirit (and industrial strength cleaning products) during that stay.

What should I pack?

Okay, essential packing list: Goggles (for the pool, duh. And maybe sunglasses for the brightness of the snow outside. Or to hide the fact that you just came out of the pool.) Hand sanitizer! (Lots of it.) Wipes. Chargers (for everything. Your phone. Your tablet. Your sanity.) Earplugs (for sleeping. The walls are…thin. You *will* hear your neighbours.) A good book (or a streaming service password. See previous answers.) Your sense of humour. And a willingness to… well, to *go with it*. You'll need that.

Is there a restaurant nearby? And, like, a *good* one?

Restaurants. Thompson. "Good" is… subjective. There are options. Some are… better than others. Do some research. Don't expect Michelin-star dining. Expect… variety. Expect to discover that "the best burger in town" is a constantly debated topic. Ask the locals. They know the hidden gems. Just be prepared for… well, let's just say, sometimes the food options reflect the "unique" nature of the town itself.

Any final thoughts? A last piece of advice?

Embrace the chaos. Lower your expectations. Bring hand sanitizer. And remember, you're in Thompson! You're experiencing something… different. The Days Inn might not be perfect, but it's *yours*. It's part of the adventure. And who knows, you just might leave withStay By City

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Post a Comment for "Thompson, Manitoba's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn & Suites!"