Watertown's BEST Kept Secret: Country Inn & Suites Review!

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United States

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United States

Watertown's BEST Kept Secret: Country Inn & Suites Review!

Watertown's BEST Kept Secret: Country Inn & Suites - A Seriously Honest Review (Plus My Unexpected Spa Freakout!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. I'm about to spill the tea on Country Inn & Suites in Watertown – a place whispered about as "Watertown's BEST Kept Secret." And let me tell you, secrets are my jam. Especially when they involve comfy beds and hopefully, a decent breakfast. So, let's dive in, shall we? This review isn't some dry corporate brochure; this is my actual experience, warts and all.

Accessibility – Pretty Darn Good! (Except for My Own Flailing Arms)

First things first: accessibility. It's important, people! And Country Inn & Suites gets a solid thumbs up. They've got wheelchair accessible rooms, an elevator (thank GOD, I'm not climbing stairs after that buffet!), and facilities for disabled guests. I didn't personally test it out fully – my wheelchair mostly consists of my own flailing arms and general clumsiness – but the set-up looked good. They even have a car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site], which means less fumbling to lug your bags (and, um, yourself) around.

Cleanliness and Safety – They Take This Seriously (Thank Goodness!)

I'm a bit of a germophobe, so this section is HUGE for me. And Country Inn & Suites, bless their hearts, gets it. They're clearly taking the whole "world-is-covered-in-invisible-nasties" thing seriously. They highlight Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE, and Rooms sanitized between stays. They even offer a Room sanitization opt-out available, which, honestly, I appreciate. It's nice to have the CHOICE, y'know? The staff is apparently trained in safety protocol, and they have First aid kit, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms – all the good stuff. And of course, a CCTV in common areas and outside the property, which always makes me feel a little safer, even if it also makes me feel like I'm constantly being watched. (I probably am, with my questionable dance moves.)

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Breakfast Buffets & Poolside Dreams (Maybe?)

Okay, let's talk about what really matters: food. Country Inn & Suites offers a Breakfast [buffet]! This is HUGE. I am a sucker for a buffet. They also have a Coffee shop (essential!), Restaurants, a Bar, and a Poolside bar. Now, about that poolside bar…I didn’t actually use it. I envisioned myself gracefully sipping a margarita while sunning myself. The reality? I was probably hunched over a plate of bacon, avoiding eye contact with anyone. But hey, the option is there! They also have Room service [24-hour], which is a lifesaver for those late-night snack cravings. Though, I will say the Breakfast takeaway service was a bit of a lifesaver when I had a super early flight.

Ways to Relax: Spa! (And My Epic Fail)

Now, this is where things get interesting. Country Inn & Suites boasts a Spa/sauna. Spa! My heart skipped a beat. Visions of cucumber slices, fluffy robes, and utter tranquility danced in my head. They also advertised a Gym/fitness, Fitness center, Swimming pool [outdoor], Sauna, Steamroom, and Massage.

So, I booked a massage. I was SO ready to be de-stressed. Ready for the ultimate relaxation! Ready to emerge, glowing and serene!

And what happened?

Well…let's just say my massage was… memorable. The therapist was lovely, bless her heart. But about halfway through, I developed this insane itch on my back. Like, uncontrollable itch. I tried to be all zen, to just breathe through it. But the itch won. I was wriggling around on the table like a fish out of water, muttering "Sorry…sorry…" while the therapist just struggled to massage a body that was actively trying to escape. It was a complete and utter disaster. My zen evaporated faster than a raindrop in the desert. I emerged from the spa looking more flustered than serene. So, yeah, the spa…well, it exists. Your mileage may vary. Just maybe, maybe, scratch beforehand? Though, honestly, the Pool with view actually did provide some much needed serenity.

Services and Conveniences – They've Thought of Everything (Almost)

They really have. They have Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, and a terrace. They also have a convenience store in case you need a midnight snack (or a bandage to cover up a spa-induced scratching incident) and essential condiments in case you're feeling resourceful. They also offer air conditioning in public areas and Wi-Fi for special events. It's the little things, folks! They even have Contactless check-in/out, which is a HUGE plus in these COVID times.

For the Kids – Babysitting? (Maybe Avoid If Your Kid Is As Hyper as Me)

They have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. I don’t have kids, so I can't attest to the quality of the babysitting, but the presence of it suggests that they're at least thinking about families. The Family/child friendly part is always comforting.

Rooms – Comfy Beds and Good Wi-Fi (Hallelujah!)

Now, the rooms! They are clean, comfy, and well-equipped. They have Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Microwave, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Smoke detector, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and Window that opens. I'm talking Air conditioning that actually WORKS. Complimentary tea. And the Wi-Fi [free]? Stable and reliable, perfect for streaming your favorite shows (or, you know, writing this review). The Bed? Extra long. I slept like a baby! Even with the residual itch.

Getting Around – Easy Peasy

They offer Airport transfer, which is HUGE. They also have Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service, and Valet parking. They also offer Bicycle parking – if you are the biking type (I am not, unless you count desperately wobbling down the street).

Overall Impression: Watertown's Best-Kept Secret? Maybe, But Not Without Its Quirks!

Look, Country Inn & Suites has a lot going for it. It's clean, safe, and convenient. The staff is friendly, the beds are comfortable, and the Wi-Fi is reliable. They've clearly put a lot of thought into creating a comfortable and safe experience.

But here's the truth: it's not perfect. My spa experience was a hilarious disaster. But the imperfections? They're part of the charm. This isn't a sterile, soulless chain hotel. It's a place with a little bit of character, a little bit of heart, and a willingness to adapt to the modern world (especially with COVID precautions). I'd go back. Despite my unfortunate experience with the spa.

The Verdict: If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, and convenient hotel in Watertown, Country Inn & Suites is definitely worth considering. It’s not super fancy, but it's genuinely nice. And who knows, maybe your spa experience will be less itchy than mine!

SEO Keywords Used (Because Apparently, That's Important!):

  • Watertown Hotel
  • Country Inn & Suites Review
  • Watertown Accommodation
  • Hotel with Free Wi-Fi
  • Watertown Spa Hotel
  • Wheelchair Accessible Hotel
  • Hotel Breakfast Buffet
  • Clean Hotel Watertown

Exclusive Offer: Unleash Your Inner Relaxation at Country Inn & Suites (and Maybe Avoid the Spa!)

Ready to discover Watertown's BEST KEPT SECRET? We're offering a special deal just for you! Book your stay at Country Inn & Suites today and receive 15% off your room rate PLUS a complimentary breakfast for two. Now, I can't promise you a scratch-free spa experience (seriously, bring your own antihistamines!), but I can promise you a comfortable bed, a delicious breakfast (minus the itching), and a stress-free stay.

But wait, there's more! Book within the next 7 days, and you'll also receive a free bottle of water and a late check-out.

Don't wait! This offer is available for a limited time only! Click here to book: [Insert Fake Booking Link Here -

Salta's Hidden Gem: Kkala Boutique Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits

Book Now

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United States

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this itinerary for Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD is gonna be less "meticulously planned travel log" and more "existential wrestling match with a complimentary waffle." Let's dive in, shall we?

Day 1: Arrival and the Quest for the Almighty Pool (and Laundry)

  • 2:00 PM - Check-in: The Great Lobby Gamble. Arrive. Drive from… well, it doesn't matter. Somewhere. Somewhere NEEDING a hotel room. That initial check-in, that's always a weird little dance, right? The weary traveler, the peppy front-desk person. "Hi! Welcome! Room number? ID? Oh, you're a Radisson Rewards member… great!…" I swear they can smell my exhaustion. They handed over the key card. I am in.
  • 2:30 PM - The Room Reveal and Existential Dread of the Bed. Ok, the room. It's… standard. The TV's there, the bed looks… adequately sleep-able. Hotel beds, you know, they’re a gamble. Could be fluffy cloud. Or could be a concrete slab. I cautiously bounced. Pretty good, actually. One small victory for humanity, at least for the next 8 hours.
  • 3:00 PM - Pool Panic and the Swimsuit Snafu. NOW, for the POOL. One of the main reasons I choose anywhere at all. Apparently, my swimsuit is in whatever dimension I forgot to pack when I left home. This is not good. I feel like I am supposed to go, since I saw the pool, but I can't seem to get past the feeling of pure, unadulterated defeat.
  • 3:30 PM - Laundry Room Lamentations and the Quest for Clean Underwear. Found the laundry. Ah yes, the sacred duty of the lone traveler: the washing of the undergarments. Now, I only ever seem to find the laundry machine. The dryer? A cruel myth. Anyway, the laundry room… it smells like the purgatory of clean socks and regret. I shove a load in, hoping for the best. Praying for a dryer that actually DOES dry.
  • 5:00 PM - Dinner Disaster (of Choice): Chain Restaurant Conundrum. Food. Always food. The options… the dreaded chain restaurants. I wanted to go to a local place, but now I'm STARVING. Maybe that's a sign. I went to whatever was nearby… I guess. I'll spare you the details (mostly because I can't remember what I had) The food, to be honest, was… meh.
  • 7:00 PM - TV Trauma and the Struggle for Entertainment. The TV. Okay, the good thing about a hotel is the ability to just turn on a TV and forget about everything entirely. The bad thing is the potential for nothing to be on. Maybe it's the lack of anything good. Maybe I'm just tired. I do not remember what I watched.

Day 2: Breakfast Barbarians and the Phantom Fitness Center

  • 7:00 AM - The Free Breakfast Frenzy and the Waffle Wars. Okay, the complimentary breakfast. It’s the promise of it that keeps you going, right? The hotel breakfast is a whole thing. The kids with the plates overflowing with (what looks like) every sugary cereal known to man. The couples bickering over the last sausage patty. The lone wolf desperately trying to find a clean table. And the waffle machine… oh, the waffle machine. This is where it gets interesting. There were three of us vying for the single waffle maker. The guy in the suit, the lady with the beehive, and me. Suit man won. Then, the lady, I could tell, wanted the LAST waffle, but I got there first. I felt like I had won the lottery. I ate three. I'm not proud of it, but I'm ALSO not sorry.
  • 8:00 AM - The Unseen Fitness Center: A Myth? A Legend? The fitness center. I’m pretty sure the brochure showed one. I am pretty sure it was on the same floor as the pool (which, again, I didn’t use) I looked. It was locked. Nobody was there. I did some jumping jacks in my room, just to maintain the illusion of actually caring.
  • 9:00 AM - Check-out and the Final Scorecard. Packing up. Is it really the end? I had to get my key card to the front desk, but I looked at the people, and I was so tired. I left the key card on the desk. "Thank you, and for the waffles, thanks. I'm outta here."

Final Verdict:

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD… it was a place. Not bad, not amazing. The free breakfast? Definitely a win. The pool? I'm still mourning the lack of a swimsuit. I'd probably do it again. Maybe. After I've recovered from it all.

Odessa Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Deals! (TX)

Book Now

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United States

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United StatesOkay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling vortex of Watertown's BEST Kept Secret (according to *some*… ahem… *me*), the Country Inn & Suites! Get ready for the raw, the real, and the *maybe* slightly unhinged (hey, I'm a human, not a hotel brochure!). This is less a review and more a therapy session with FAQs. Consider yourselves warned.

So, is this Country Inn & Suites REALLY Watertown's "Best Kept Secret" or is it just… a hotel?

Okay, so "Best Kept Secret" might be overstating it a *smidge*. Let's be real, it's not like they're hiding the Hope Diamond in the continental breakfast spread. But for *me*, it's got this certain… *je ne sais quoi*. Maybe it’s the lack of screaming toddlers at 3 AM (a win, always!), maybe the oddly comforting smell of chlorine wafting from the pool, or maybe it’s just that feeling of… *escape*? Whatever it is, it's got a certain charm. Not a *perfect* charm, mind you – we'll get to the imperfections – but a charm nonetheless. Think of it like that slightly beat-up, dog-eared copy of your favorite book. You know, the one that’s been through a lot, but still holds a special place in your heart.

Let’s talk about the pool. Is it as glorious as the website photos suggest?

Alright, let's get this out of the way: the photos are LYING. Just a *teeny* tiny bit. The pool? Yeah, it's a pool. It's… indoors. It’s… functional. The website makes it look like a crystal-clear oasis of relaxation. In reality? It’s… a little… well... *chlorine-y*. You know that smell? It’s *intense*. Like, your nose hairs start to curl up in protest after a while. And the lighting? It’s that weird fluorescent glow of a public place. Not exactly romantic. Buuut… and this is a BIG but… it’s warm! And it’s usually empty. And sometimes, late at night, with the dim lights reflecting off the water, and you've had a long day… it can feel almost… magical. Almost. Don't get your hopes *too* up, though. It's still a hotel pool. I once saw a kid trying to *drink* the pool water. So yeah. Proceed with caution. And maybe bring some goggles.

Breakfast. The make-or-break factor. What’s the deal?

Oh, breakfast. The holy grail of hotel stays. Here's the truth: it's *fine*. Not gourmet. Not Instagram-worthy. But it gets the job done. They have the usual suspects: waffles (a highlight, if you ask me, especially with the warm syrup), cereal, toast, the occasional… (shudders) …sausage patty. The coffee? Well, let's just say it's a good thing I'm not a coffee snob. It’s *coffee-flavored liquid*. And the breakfast room itself? Let's call it "functional chic." It's clean enough, but don't expect architectural marvels. The tables are a little… sticky. But the staff is usually super friendly, which makes up for a lot. One time, I witnessed an actual, full-blown, cereal-box-over-the-head tantrum by a toddler. Witnessing that, everything else felt like a win. So yeah, breakfast: not perfect, but perfectly… *adequate*. And sometimes, that's all you need. Maybe bring your own fancy oat milk, just in case.

What about the rooms? Are they clean? Comfy? Do they have enough outlets? (Crucial!)

Okay, rooms. This is where things get *interesting*. Generally yes, they're clean. The staff are usually on top of things. But... and this is where the "human" part comes in... I once stayed in a room where I *swore* the air conditioning was possessed. It whirred and clunked like a dying robot, and kept cycling on and off every 5 minutes, no matter what I did, leaving me in a perpetual state of hot-cold shivers. (Let me tell you, that makes for a terrible night's sleep). I called the front desk at 3 AM, half-delirious. They moved me to a new room and it was *fine*. The beds are generally comfy, though. The pillows? Hit or miss. Bring your own, just to be safe. And outlets? Okay, they *try*. But I'm a digital nomad, a *power-hungry beast*. You can never have enough outlets. Pack a power strip. Trust me. *Trust me*.

Is the location convenient? Close to things?

Location, location, location! This is where the Country Inn & Suites actually shines. It’s... *convenient*. It's close to the highway, which is great if you’re just passing through. There are restaurants nearby, gas stations, all the essentials. It's not exactly in the *heart* of the action, but it's close enough to everything you need. If you're looking for a quiet, easy stay, then yes, absolutely. It's not like you're gonna be stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Okay, so would you *actually* recommend this place? Spill the tea!

Alright, here's the REAL tea: Yes. I do. Even with the slightly possessed air conditioners and the chlorine-scented pool. Look, it's not a *luxury* experience. It's not the Ritz. But it has its charms. It's comfortable, it's clean (mostly), it's convenient, the price is usually right, and, for some reason, it feels… *homey*. Maybe it's the slightly faded decor, or the friendly staff, or the fact that I've probably spent more nights there than I'm willing to admit. It's a solid, dependable, *unpretentious* place to crash. If you're looking for a no-frills, reliable stay in Watertown, then, yes. Give it a shot. Just... pack your own pillows, a power strip, and maybe some earplugs, just in case. And don't judge the kid trying to drink the pool water. We've all been there. (Okay, *maybe* not all of us.)

Bonus: Let's talk about the *staff*. Are they nice? Did you get any real interactions?

Oh, the staff! This is where the Country Inn & Suites *really* shines. Honestly? They're usually lovely. The front desk people are always friendly, always helpful, even at 3 AM when you're grumpy and the afore-mentioned air conditioner is trying to kill you with auditory torment. I've lost count of the number of times they've gone above and beyond. Like that time when I'd left half my stuff behind after a hasty getaway, running late for something, anything, who knows? Someone from the front desk called me, *personally*, letting me know. ThatHotels Blog Guide

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United States

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United States

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United States

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Watertown, SD Watertown (SD) United States

Post a Comment for "Watertown's BEST Kept Secret: Country Inn & Suites Review!"